Freeform is an online streaming platform for live and on-demand content. It is a part of Walt Disney Television and accessible only in the United States. The famous shows in Freeform are The Bold Type, Motherland, Siren, Good Trouble, Scream, etc. This streaming app is compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and Samsung Smart TV. You can install Freeform for free from the Roku Channel Store. Let’s discuss how to watch Freeform on Roku.
Features of Freeform
- Freeform offers a huge collection of Movies and TV shows for on-demand streaming. It also has original shows, documentaries in the content library.
- The Live streaming and on-demand content are available in 1080p HD streaming quality. It also offers sneak peeks, cast interviews, behind the scenes footage.
- It classifies the content into categories like Popular, Throwbacks, Current Shows, Unlocked Shows, Movie & Specials in the Browse tab.
- Freeform has closed captioning for all full episodes and select CC in the Player control to get closed captioning.
- It can resume the episode or show from where it left. It can notify the user about the release of favorite movies and shows.
Pricing of Freeform
Freeform requires a TV service provider subscription for sign-in. The TV Providers are Hulu + Live TV, FuboTV, Youtube TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV, Dish, etc. You can select any of these providers to sign in.
How to Add Freeform on Roku?
1. Plug in the Roku device to the HDMI port of the TV and initiate Roku.
2. Press the Home button in the remote to get the menu and select Streaming channels.
3. In the Channel store, scroll down and select Search channels.
4. Type Freeform in the search box and choose it from the options.
5. Select Add Channel to install Freeform on Roku and click OK in the prompt.
How to Activate Freeform on Roku?
1. Select Go to Channel to launch Freeform on Roku.
2. Go to the Settings and Click Sign in to Watch. An activation code appears on the screen.
3. Visit the https://www.freeform.com/activate using your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click Continue.
5. Choose the TV Provider and sign in with the TV Provider credentials.
6. It will activate the app on Roku and now you can start streaming.
Alternative Ways to Stream Freeform on Roku
Some of the alternate ways to stream Freeform on Roku are,
AT&T TV Now
AT&T TV Now offers 50+ channels including Freeform, ESPN, FOX, Comedy Central, Disney Channel, CNN, etc. It has 500 hours of cloud DVR storage and supports simultaneously streaming on 3 devices. Its subscription costs $55 per month with 7 days of a free trial.
YouTube has Freeform live streaming along with 85 other channels. It offers unlimited cloud DVR storage. The subscription costs $64.99 per month and available for free on Roku. It can stream on 3 devices at a time and allows the creation of up to 6 profiles.
How to install YouTube TV on Roku?
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu was initially an on-demand streaming service and upgraded with live streaming. It is a popular streaming service among cord-cutters. Hulu has Freeform in its channel library and accessible on Roku for free. It can stream in 2 devices simultaneously and has 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. The subscription costs $54.99 per month with 6 personal profiles.
Therefore, the above steps will guide you in watching Freeform on Roku. Freeform offers Binge throwback series for non-stop entertainment. You can also customize the content library by adding your preferences to favorites. If you face any difficulty in following the above steps, please mention it in the comments.
1. What is Freeform?
Freeform is a streaming app for the live streaming of movies and TV shows. It also has on-demand content, including Freeform Originals, and available only in the United States.
2. Can I watch Freeform on Roku?
You can watch Freeform on Roku by adding it from the channel store, and you can go through the above steps for easy access to Freeform.
3. Is Freeform free on Roku?
Freeform is free for adding on Roku and requires TV provider sign in for streaming.
4. Does Freeform has Closed Captioning?
Freeform has Closed Captioning for all full episodes and most of the shows in live streaming.