Freeform is an online streaming platform for live and on-demand content. Freeform is not offering any subscriptions; you can use your TV provider credential to access the video content on Freeform. The Freeform app is available on numerous devices, including the Roku streaming device and TV. You can install the app from the Roku Channel Store.
Features of Freeform
- Freeform offers a huge collection of Movies and TV shows for on-demand streaming. It also has original shows and documentaries in the content library.
- The live streaming and on-demand content are available in 1080p HD streaming quality. It also offers sneak peeks, cast interviews, behind the scenes footage.
- It classifies the content into categories like Popular, Throwbacks, Current Shows, Unlocked Shows, and Movies & Specials on the homepage.
- Freeform has closed captioning for all full episodes. If you want, you can turn off the closed captions on Roku.
- It can resume the episode or show from where you left off. It can notify the user about the release of favorite movies and shows.
Pricing of Freeform
Freeform requires a TV service provider subscription for sign-in. The TV Providers are Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, Youtube TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV, Dish, etc. You can select any of these providers to sign in.
How to Get Freeform on Roku
1. Plug in the Roku device to the HDMI port of the TV and initiate Roku.
2. Press the Home button in the remote to get the menu and select Streaming channels.
3. In the Channel store, scroll down and select Search channels to search for apps on Roku.
4. Type Freeform in the search box and choose it from the options.
5. Select Add Channel to install Freeform on Roku and click OK in the prompt.
Alternate Way to Get Freefrom on Roku
1. On your PC, go to the Roku Channel Store website (https://channelstore.roku.com/).
2. Sign in with your Roku account. The account must be the same as your Roku device.
3. On the Channel Store, search for the Freeform app.
4. Select the Freeform app and click the Details icon.
5. On the next screen, click the Add Channel button.
6. Within a few minutes, the Freeform app will be installed on your Roku.
How to Activate Freeform on Roku
To watch all the video content from the Freeform app, you need to activate the app using your TV provider credentials.
1. Launch the Freeform app on your Roku TV.
2. Go to Settings and click Sign in to Watch. An activation code appears on the screen.
3. Visit the Freeform activation website (https://www.freeform.com/activate) using your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click Continue.
5. Choose the TV Provider and sign in with the TV Provider credentials.
6. Once it is verified, the Freeform app on your Roku will activate. You can watch all the video content.
Alternative Ways to Stream Freeform on Roku
Instead of activating with your TV provider, you can directly install the TV provider app on your Roku and stream the Freeform channel.
AT&T TV Now
AT&T TV Now on Roku offers 50+ channels, including Freeform. It has 500 hours of cloud DVR storage and supports simultaneous streaming for up to 3 devices. Its subscription costs $55 per month with 7 days of a free trial.
Website: AT&T TV Now.
YouTube TV offers the Freeform channel along with 85+ other channels. It offers unlimited cloud DVR storage. The subscription costs $64.99 per month and you can install YouTube TV on Roku for free. It can stream on 3 devices at a time and allows the creation of up to 6 profiles.
Website: YouTube TV.
Hulu + Live TV
With Hulu + Live TV on Roku, you can access the Freeform channel without any additional cost. It can stream in 2 devices simultaneously and has 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. The subscription costs $54.99 per month with 6 personal profiles.
Therefore, the above steps will guide you in watching the Freeform channel on Roku. You can also customize the content library by adding your preferences to your favorites. If you face any difficulty in following the above steps, please mention it in the comments.
No, Freeform is limited to movies, TV shows, and series. Live TV is not available in Freeform.