Flixtor is a web-based free streaming platform where you can watch thousands of movies and TV shows for free. You will find titles in its library in different genres like action, comedy, horror, sci-fi, and more. Newly released movies will be updated in its library every week. At the same time, you can access all the available content in HD quality for free. So, you don’t want to waste your money subscribing to streaming services. Now, let us see how you can access Flixtor on Roku.
Is Flixtor free?
Yes, access to the Flixtor platform is free of cost. You even don’t have to register to access the Flixtor platform. But the only thing that will bother you is that the Flixtor is unavailable in the channel store. However, we have found a trick that you can use to access Flixtor in the following section.
Can I Access Flixtor on Roku?
Since Flixtor is a web-based service, you can’t access Flixtor on devices like Roku because it does not support web browsers. But still, there is a way for you to access Flixtor on Roku. i.e., by using the screen mirroring feature on your Roku. You can also continue reading below to get more information.
How to Screen Mirror Flixtor to Roku
Flixtor is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. So, technically it is not possible to watch Flixtor on your Roku device. Hence we decided to guide you through the screen mirroring feature to watch Flixtor on your Roku device.
Pre – Requisite – Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
By default, screen mirroring will be disabled on your Roku device. So, you have to enable the screen mirroring on the Roku feature to mirror your Android devices and PC. To do that, go to Roku Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode. Next, select Prompt or Allways Allow to enable the screen mirroring feature.
From Android Devices
1. After you set up your Roku, connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as that of your Android device.
2. Open a browser on your Android smartphone.
3. Search for the Flixtor apk and download the same from any trusted website.
4. Next, go to the Settings on your Smartphone and turn on the Unknown Sources option.
5. Go to the download location of the Flixtor app and open it.
6. Next, select the Install button.
7. Finally, the Flixtor app will be installed on your Android Smartphone.
8. Tap on the Smart View from the Notification Panel. The screen mirroring option names varies based on the smartphone brands.
9. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
10. Launch the Flixtor app on your Android device.
11. You can find a lot of movies and TV shows available on the app.
12. Select any show and play it.
9. Now, the selected show will be mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
From iOS Devices
First, enable the AirPlay on Roku and follow the steps below:
Quick Tip: To enable the AirPlay on Roku, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Navigate to the AirPlay option and turn it on.
1. Make sure that you have connected your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Next, launch a browser on your iOS device.
3. Visit the official website of Flixtor.
4. Choose any movie you want to watch and play it.
5. After that, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Now, a list of nearby devices will appear on the screen. From there, choose your Roku device.
7. Go back to the webpage of Flixtor and mirror its content on Roku.
1. Connect your PC and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the Chrome web browser on your PC.
3. Go to the official website of Flixtor using your web browser.
4. Select any available content to watch and play it.
5. Click on the Action Center icon from the lower right corner.
6. Select the Connect tab and choose your Roku device from the window displayed to your right.
7. Now, your PC’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
8. After that, go to the Flixtor webpage and mirror its content to Roku TV.
So, with these alternative methods, you can watch Flixtor on your Roku device. So, don’t miss out on the chance to access the library of Flixtor, which contains thousands of free movies and TV shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Flixtor is a platform where you can watch movies and TV shows for free.
No, Flixtor is not available for Roku.
You should enable the screen mirroring feature to watch Flixtor.
Yes. Flixtor is completely safe to download and use. It has an official website, and all its contents are legal to stream.
Popcorn Time and Live NetTV are the best alternatives to the Flixtor platform.