Roku has evolved into the best of cord-cutters and replaced traditional cable TV. From the Roku Channel Store, you can access up to 3000 channels. It supports streaming content of up to 4K ultra HD, 1080p, and more. Roku is the home to free and premium TV with an ever-updating selection of content for endless entertainment. However, you may not find some of the popular channels on the Roku Store. Popcorn Time is one of those missing services on Roku. It has a great collection of movies and TV shows. Also, the Popcorn Time is very much similar to XUMO on Roku, which allows you to watch your favorites for free. You shall read the below section for more info about the features and how to access Popcorn Time on Roku.
The best features you will get with the Popcorn Time app are listed below.
- Stream TV episodes and movies for unlimited time with the internet.
- It will search and bring you the highest quality streams from the web.
- Watch the streams in HD quality for free.
- It supports subtitles, and you can watch movies or shows in any language.
- You need not wait for download or playback time as Popcorn Time starts playing instantly.
How to Get Popcorn Time on Roku?
As mentioned, Popcorn Time isn’t official for Roku. Hence this section guides you with alternative ways in which you can get access to Popcorn Time.
Popcorn Time on Roku using Plex
With a Plex Media Server account, you can easily access Popcorn Time on RokuOS.
- Download Plex Media Server on your PC.
- Add Plex Channel on Roku.
1. Launch Plex Media Server on your PC after the installation.
2. Provide the login details to sign in to your Plex account.
3. Navigate to click on the Plex Unofficial Channel list to search for Popcorn Time.
4. Select it to install the Popcorn Time app on your Plex.
5. Now, launch the Plex app on Roku.
6. Use the same login credentials you have used on your PC to sign in.
7. You will find Popcorn Time on Plex, and you can launch it to stream the content.
Popcorn Time on Roku Via Screen Mirroring
Roku users can use the screen mirroring feature to watch Popcorn Time from their Windows or Mac PC.
- Enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku.
- Go to Settings > System > Screen Mirror > Screen Mirroring Mode > Prompt or Always Allow.
Screen Mirror Popcorn Time to Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Open a browser on your Android Smartphone.
2. Then, search for the Popcorn Time app and download the APK File.
3. Next, go to the Settings on your Android Smartphone and enable the Unknown Sources option.
4. Then, open the APK File of Popcorn Time and install the app.
5. Next, connect your Android Smartphone to the Wi-Fi network as same as the Roku device.
6. Open the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
7. Now, from the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
8. After that, launch the Popcorn Time app.
9. Choose any of the content you want to watch and mirror it to your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Popcorn Time to Roku from PC
1. Connect your Roku and PC to the same Wi-Fi.
2. Launch a browser and visit the official website of Popcorn Time.
3. Download the latest version of Popcorn Time and let it install.
4. Press the Windows Key + P or Command Key + P to open the Easy Display Switcher menu.
5. Now, choose the Roku device from the available devices list.
6. On your Roku, click Accept to permit screen mirroring from one another device.
7. Go ahead to play a video on your PC, and the same gets mirrored to your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t find the Popcorn Time app in the Channel Store.
You can use the screen mirroring method to mirror the Popcorn Time app to your streaming device.