Discovery Go is a streaming service for live and on-demand discovery channel content. Discovery, Inc launch it, and it is available only in the United States. The popular Discovery shows are Gold Rush, Fast N’ Loud, Shark Week, Diesel Brothers, Deadliest catch, etc. Discovery Go is compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Xbox, Samsung Smart TV, etc. Roku has Discovery Go for free in the channel store. Let’s look into the steps to watch the Discovery channel on Roku.
Features of Discovery Go
- The app has live streaming of all discovery channels and can stream anytime, anywhere with a TV provider sign-in.
- It also offers on-demand shows and series of discovery channels and it has a collection of 4000+ episodes along with full shows.
- This app has a user-friendly interface for easy access to contents and it has also classified the contents based on the genre for quick search.
- It offers Early Premiere in which certain shows are available in the app before airing on TV. It can also save the shows for watching later.
- Discovery Go provides closed captioning for both live and on-demand content. It can restart the shows from where it left the last time.
Pricing of Discovery Go
Discovery Go is free with your TV Service Provider subscription for streaming. The TV providers are DirecTV, dish, COX, XFINITY, Spectrum, Optimum, Philo, FuboTV, Hulu, etc. It is an ad-supported service.
How to Add Discovery Go on Roku?
1. Connect the Roku device to the TV HDMI port and launch Roku.
2. Press the Home button in the remote and select Streaming Channels by scrolling down.
3. It opens the Channel Store. Scroll down and select Search Channels.
4. Enter Discovery Go in the search box and choose it from the options.
5. Select Add Channel to install Discovery Go on Roku.
6. After installation, click OK in the prompt.
How to Activate Discovery Go on Roku?
1. Search for Discovery Go on the Roku Home screen.
2. Select the app to launch it. An activation code appears on the screen.
3. Visit https://go.discovery.com/activate to activate the app.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click Activate.
5. Choose the TV Provider and log in with the TV Provider credentials.
6. It will activate Discovery Go on Roku and select the Discovery content for streaming.
Alternative Ways to Watch Discovery Go Channel on Roku
These are some of the alternate app and services through which you can watch the discovery channel on Roku.
Philo TV provides the Discovery Go channel in its 61 channels list. It offers unlimited DVR for 30 days and can stream on 3 devices at a time. Philo has a subscription that costs $20 per month and has a 7-day free trial. It offers 20,000+ on-demand contents. See how to get Philo on Roku TV.
FuboTV on Roku offers 100+ channels in its subscription and it also has the Discovery Go channel. The subscription costs $59.99 per month with 7 days free trial. It offers 500 hours of DVR storage and available for free in the Roku channel store. It allows simultaneous streaming for 2 devices.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu has Discovery Go Channel along with Animal Planet, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild in the channel list. It has a huge on-demand content library and 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. Its subscription costs $54.99 per month and permits streaming on 2 devices at the same time.
Discovery Channel offers content related to science, space, exploration, etc. It comes under knowledge-based entertainment. You can also add shows to the favorites list in the Discovery GO for fast access next time.
1. Can I watch Discovery Channel on Roku?
You can watch the Discovery channel on Roku through the Discovery Go app and you can easily add the app on Roku by following the above steps.
2. Is Discovery Go free on Roku?
Discovery Go is available for free in the Roku Channel Store and it needs a TV provider subscription for streaming.
3. Can I watch Discovery Go outside the US?
Discovery Go is available only in the United States and Geo-restricted. You can watch it outside the US using a VPN.
4. Does Discovery Go contains ADs?
Though Discovery Go is free with a TV provider sign-in, it has advertising commercials between the streaming of contents.