Apple Music is an online streaming app for music and videos launched by Apple, Inc. The Apple Music app has more than 70 million songs and thousands of live radio stations. The Apple Music app is unavailable in the Channel Store, so it has to be downloaded separately and streamed using a media player. The songs in Apple Music are in the format of M4P, and Roku does not support this audio format. Therefore you have to convert them into a suitable format before playing on Roku. Let’s see the steps to stream Apple Music on Roku.
Pricing of Apple Music Subscription
Apple Music has only paid subscriptions with no Ads. The subscription cost is $9.99 per month, and has a subsidized subscription for students at $ 4.99 per month. It has a family subscription for six people at the cost of $14.99 per month. It also has a free trial period of 3 months.
How to Add and Listen To Apple Music on Roku
Apple Music was added to the Roku Channel Store on May 2, 2022. So, you can add the Apple Music app directly to your streaming device.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and go to the home screen.
2. Then, from the home screen, select Streaming Channel.
3. Next, choose the Search Channel option.
4. Now, enter Apple Music on the Virtual keyboard using your Roku TV remote and search for the app.
5. Then, choose the Apple Music app from the search result.
6. Select the Add Channel button to add the Apple Music app to your Roku TV.
7. Once you add the Apple Music app, select the OK button.
8. Now, click on the Go to Channel button.
9. Then, enter your Apple Music account credentials to sign in to your account.
10. Finally, you can choose and play any music to listen to it on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Apple Music to Roku TV
Screen Mirroring is an alternative technique that you can use to listen to your favorite music without adding the Apple Music app to your streaming device.
Important Note: Before following up on the screen mirroring steps, you can go to your Roku TV Settings and go to System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Then, click on the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku device.
1. After you are done with enabling the Screen Mirroring on your Roku TV, go to the Google Play Store on your Android SMartphone.
2. Search and Install the Apple Music app.
3. Next, connect your Android Smartphone to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku TV.
4. Now, launch the Notification Panel on your Android Smartphone.
5. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Now, launch the Apple Music app and sign in to your account.
7. Choose and play any music to mirror it on your TV.
Screen Mirror Apple Music to Roku from iOS Smartphone
Update your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the latest firmware and follow the steps below.
1. Initially, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Apple Music app from the App Store.
3. Now, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Then, choose your Roku Device from the list of available devices.
5. Finally, launch the Apple Music app and input your credentials to login into your account.
6. Play any music of your choice, and it will stream on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Apple Music on Roku from PC
Also, with the official website of Apple Music to can listen to your favorite music.
1. Firstly, connect your PC and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, open any web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Apple Music.
3. Then, click on the Sign-in button to sign in to your account.
4. Choose your favorite songs and play it.
5. Now, on your keyboard, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
6. Now, choose your Roku device, and your favorite music will stream on your Roku TV.
Alternative Method – Stream Apple Music on Roku
Follow these simple steps to stream Apple Music.
Convert Apple Music
1. Download and install Apple Music Converter to change the format.
2. Launch the converter and open iTunes, and add the music.
3. Select the Playlists or songs for converting and add them to the converter.
4. Choose the output format as MP3 and customize the bitrate.
5. Click Convert to change the format of the Apple Music songs.
Stream Apple Music
1. Copy the converted Apple Music Songs to the USB Pendrive.
2. Connect the Pendrive to the Roku USB port and launch the Roku device.
3. Open the Roku Media Player. If unavailable, download it from the Roku Channel Store by selecting Add Channel.
4. Select the USB icon in the Media Player and browse the apple music content in the Pendrive.
5. Select the song to play it on Roku.
Related: Amazon Music on Roku
Yes, you can get the Apple Music on Roku
You can get the Apple Music from the Channel Store.
After adding the Apple Music app, you can launch the app and sign in to your account. Then, choose any music and play it on your Roku TV.