Apple Music is the largest audio-video streaming platform having over 100 million songs. It has a vast collection of 30,000 playlists of your favorite artists from around worldwide. It uses an M4A format capable of delivering spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. With a valid subscription, you can stream lossless songs, receive personalized recommendations, or create your own playlist. If you are a Roku user, you can get the Apple Music app from the Roku Channel Store.
Apple Music has four premium packages which include a 30-day free trial.
- Voice – $4.99/month
- Student – $5.99/month
- Individual – $10.99/month
- Family – $16.99/month
How to Subscribe to Apple Music
You must have an Apple Music subscription to use the app on its supported devices. Follow the instructions to sign up for a new account and activate your plan.
1. Go to music.apple.com from a web browser.
2. Next, click the Sign In button at the upper right corner.
3. Further, log in with your Apple ID to register your account.
4. Then choose a subscription plan based on your needs.
5. After that, select a preferred payment mode and input all the details.
6. Click Join to subscribe and activate Apple Music.
How to Add and Listen To Apple Music on Roku
Apple Music is available on the Roku Channel Store since May 2, 2022. So, you can add the Apple Music app directly to your Roku device.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and go to the home screen.
2. Then, from the home screen, select Streaming Channels.
3. Next, choose the Search Channels option.
4. Now, enter Apple Music using the on-screen keyboard and search for the app.
5. Then, choose the Apple Music app from the search result.
6. Select the Add Channel button to add the app to your Roku TV.
7. Once you added the Apple Music app, select the OK button.
8. Now, click on the Go to Channel button.
9. Then, enter your Apple Music account credentials to sign in to your account.
10. Finally, you can choose and play any music that you want to listen on your TV.
Screen Mirror Apple Music from Android
Screen mirroring is an alternative technique that you can use to listen to your favorite songs without adding the Apple Music app to your streaming device.
Important Note: Before following up on the screen mirroring steps, go to Roku TV Settings and go to System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Then, click on the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku device.
1. After enabling the screen mirroring on Roku, go to the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Search and install the Apple Music app.
3. Next, connect your Android smartphone to the same WIFI network as your Roku TV.
4. Now, launch the notification panel on your Android smartphone.
5. From the list of icons, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Now, launch the Apple Music app and sign in to your account.
7. Choose and play any music to mirror it on your TV.
Screen Mirror Apple Music from iOS
Update your Roku device and iOS smartphone to the latest firmware and follow the steps below.
1. Initially, connect your iOS smartphone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Apple Music app from the App Store.
3. Now, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Then, choose your Roku Device from the list of available devices.
5. Finally, launch the Apple Music app and input your credentials to login into your account.
6. Play any music of your choice, and it will stream on your Roku TV.
Bonus Tip: Some Roku devices have a built-in AirPlay support. Visit the official Roku website to check if your device supports Apple AirPlay 2. If your device is compatible, you can AirPlay audio to Roku from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Play Apple Music to Roku from iPhone
1. Connect your Roku and your Apple device to the same WIFI network.
2. Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Play a song of your wish and tap the AirPlay audio icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the devices list.
5. Finally, the song will continue to play on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror Apple Music from PC
Also, with the official website of Apple Music, you can listen to your favorite songs.
1. First, connect your PC and Roku-connected TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Then, open any web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Apple Music.
3. Then, click on the Sign In button to sign in to your account.
4. Choose your favorite songs and play it.
5. Now, on your keyboard, press the Windows + K shorcut keys.
6. Now, choose your Roku device. The selected song will start streaming on your Roku device.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3
You can either use the Apple Music app or third-party converter to change the audio format.
Convert Files using the Apple Music App
1. Open the Apple Music app on your Mac.
2. From the menu bar, click on Music and select Preferences.
3. Further, select the Files tab and click Import Settings.
4. Next, click the menu loacted next to Import Using and select the encoding format that you want to convert.
5. Then click OK and select the songs in the music library.
6. Tap File and choose Convert and click Create [format] version.
That’s it. The converted files will be added to your library.
Convert Files using Apple Music Converter
1. Download and install Apple Music Converter on your Windows and Mac.
2. Launch the converter and open iTunes, and add the music.
3. Select the Playlists or songs and add them to the converter.
4. Choose the output format as MP3 and customize the bitrate.
5. Click Convert to change the format of the Apple Music songs.
How to Stream Apple Music MP3 Files on Roku
1. Copy the converted Apple Music Songs to the USB Pendrive.
2. Connect the Pendrive to the Roku USB port and launch the Roku device.
3. Open the Roku Media Player. If unavailable, download it from the Roku Channel Store by selecting Add Channel.
4. Select the USB icon in the Media Player and browse the apple music content in the Pendrive.
5. Select the song to play it on Roku.
Note: As an alternative, you can install Amazon Music on Roku that has a large library of 100 million songs. It is completely accessible for free if you have an Amazon Prime subscription.
Yes, you can get Apple Music on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
After adding the Apple Music app, you can launch the app and sign in to your account. Then, choose any music and play it on your Roku TV.
You can fix the Apple Music not working issue by checking if the AirPlay option on Roku is turned on. In addition, you should update the Apple Music app and Roku OS to the latest version.