Acorn TV is one of the glorious streaming services in the entertainment world. It offers live TV channels, movies, exclusive shows, original series, and many more. This app provides different genres of content like Mysteries, Drama, Comedies, and so on. You are allowed to create a personal watchlist to add your favorite videos. Acorn TV releases regular updates, so the users will always find something new to watch. It supports multiple devices like Android, iOS, Roku, Firestick, etc. Now, let us see how you can add and stream Acorn TV on Roku.
Major Contents of Acorn TV
Never miss watching the top shows and series of Acorn TV, which are listed below.
- A Place to Call Home
- The Brokenwood Mysteries
- Agatha Christie’s Partners in Crime
- Midsomer Murders
- Jack Irish
- Doc Martin
- Striking Out
- George Gently
- The Level
How Much is Acorn TV on Roku?
You can get the 7-day free trial of Acorn TV and then access any of its two membership plans.
- Monthly Plan – $6.99 per month
- Annual Plan – $69.99 per year
You can visit the official website of Acorn TV https://acorn.tv/ to subscribe to it.
How to Add Acorn TV on Roku?
You can easily install Acorn TV on your Roku device, as it is officially available on Roku Channel Store.
1. Connect your Roku device to the TV, and you will get to the home screen.
2. Tap the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
3. From the Streaming Channels section, select the Search Channels option.
4. Enter and search for Acorn TV. Next, choose the app from the suggestions.
5. Click the Add Channel button on the app page.
6. The app begins to install. After installing the app, tap the OK button from the prompt.
Alternative Method to Add Acorn TV to Roku
The official app to control your Roku is available on the official app stores of your Android and iOS devices which is the Roku app. Once you connect your Roku device with the Roku app, you can add any channels to Roku without a remote.
1. Launch the Roku app on your Android or iOS devices.
Roku app for Android device: Google Play Store
Roku app for iOS device: App Store
2. Click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner.
3. Enter your Roku device’s account credentials and sign in to your account.
4. Once you sign in to your Roku account, tap on the Devices tab from the Roku app’s home screen.
5. Tap on your Roku device from the available devices list to connect it with the Roku app.
Note: Your Roku device will only display if it is connected to the same wifi network as your Android or iOS devices.
6. After your Roku device is paired up with the Roku app, a list of tabs will be displayed.
7. From the list of tabs displayed below your Roku device, tap the Channels tab.
8. Move on to the Channel Store tab.
9. Search and choose the Acorn TV app.
10. Tap the Add Channel button, and the Acorn TV will be added to Roku within 24 hours.
There is a trick that you can use to add Acorn TV to your Channel’s list immediately. That is by updating your Roku.
How to Sign In and Stream Acorn TV on Roku
1. Once you add the Acorn TV app, go back to your Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. Make sure to select the Home option from the left pane. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your Roku remote.
3. From the Channel’s grid, navigate to the Acorn TV app and press the OK button on your remote to launch the app.
4. Accept the Terms and Conditions if required.
5. Select the Sign in button from the home screen of the app.
6. Sign in using your Acorn TV subscription account.
7. Finally, you can browse and choose any of your favorite movies and TV shows to watch on your TV.
Alternatives to Acorn TV
Yes, the Acorn TV is available for Roku.
Open the Acorn TV app and press the Asterisk button on your remote. Next, choose the Manage Account > Cancel Subscription.
You may face problems with the Acorn TV on Roku if you have a low internet speed.