YouTube TV is a streaming service where you can watch 70+ channels like Comedy Central, Lifetime, TNT, ESPN, and other popular channels. If you have subscribed to YouTube TV, you can watch it on devices like Roku. After adding YouTube TV to Roku, you might have observed that the app might have stopped temporarily due to its recent update. Then, a dispute was going on between YouTube TV and Roku that caused the removal of the app in April 2021. But in recent times, YouTube TV was revived on Roku with the new deal between Roku and Google. So, if you come across the YouTube TV not working on the Roku device, you can continue reading this article to fix the issue efficiently.
How to Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Roku Issue
There are four ways to fix YouTube not working on the Roku issue. They are:
- Check your Internet connection
- Re-Add YouTube TV again
- Restart your Roku device
- Update your Roku device
- Reset your Roku device.
- Check the servers on YouTube TV
- Check your YouTube TV account validity
Now, let us discuss all the possible ways to make YouTube TV work again.
1. Check your Internet Connection
You need an internet connection to stream YouTube TV on Roku. So, check if your device is connected to an internet connection. Also, you need a stable internet connection of at least 10 Mbps per second to stream on YouTube TV seamlessly.
2. Restart your Roku Device
Some glitches and bugs on your Roku device may cause the YouTube TV to stop working. So, you can follow the steps below to restart your Roku device again.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select Settings > System.
3. Under System, select System Restart > Restart.
4. Now, your Roku device will turn off by itself and restart again.
3. Update your Roku Device
Your Roku device may be outdated. As a result, the YouTube TV is incompatible with your Roku device’s firmware. To fix it, you need to update your Roku device to the latest firmware.
1. Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button.
2. Select Settings > System Settings.
3. Then, select System Update > Check Now.
4. Now, your Roku device will be scanning for any possible update.
5. If an update is found, select Download and Install.
6. Now, your Roku device will download the latest update and install it automatically.
4. Update the YouTube TV App
Your YouTube TV channel on Roku may be outdated, and that’s why it is not working on Roku. So, try updating your YouTube TV channel by following the steps below.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
2. Next, press the Right directional button on your Roku TV remote.
3. Select the YouTube TV channel from the list of available channels and press the Asterisk button on your Roku TV remote.
4. Choose the Check for Updates option.
5. If there are any updates available, the YouTube TV channel will be automatically updated. After that, you can check if the YouTube TV channel is working or not.
5. Clear Cache on Roku
There is a chance that the Cache stored on your Roku device is the reason why the YouTube TV channel is not working. So, you can clear the Cache on Roku by following the steps below to fix the YouTube TV issues.
1. Take the Roku TV remote in your hand and press the Home button 5 times.
2. Next, hit the Up button once.
3. Press the Rewind button 2 times.
4. Finally, press the Fast Forward button 2 times.
That’s it, guys. The cache stored on your Roku device will be cleared. After that, you can check the working status of the YouTube TV app.
6. Re-Add the YouTube TV Channel
If the YouTube TV is still not working, delete the channel on Roku and re-add it to your Roku device-connected TV.
1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Next, hit the Right directional button on your Roku remote.
3. Choose the YouTube TV channel and press the Asterisk button on your remote.
4. Choose the Remove Channel option, and the YouTube TV channel will be removed.
5. Next, press the Home button on your remote and select the Streaming Channels option.
6. From the list of options on the left pane, choose the Search Channels option.
7. Choose the on-Screen keyboard to enter and search for the YouTube TV channel.
8. Select the YouTube TV channel and from the channel description page, select the Add Channel button.
9. Finally, the YouTube TV channel will be added to your Roku device-connected TV.
10. Select the OK button from the prompt and choose the Go to Channel option.
11. Now, sign in with your subscription account to check if the YouTube TV channel is working or not.
7. Reset your Roku device
Some glitches on your Roku device may be the cause of YouTube TV not working. So, clear the errors on your Roku set-top permanently by factory resetting your Roku device.
1. Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button.
2. Select Settings from the home screen and choose System.
3. Under System, select Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.
4. Now, enter the PIN displayed on the lower right corner of your interface and select OK.
5. Then, your Roku device will turn off by itself.
6. The factory resetting process will take a couple of minutes, and your Roku device will restart again.
7. After the Restart, all the errors, settings you saved, and apps you have added get removed.
8. Install the YouTube TV from the Roku Channel Store to see if the application is working or not.
8. Check for YouTube TV Server Issues
The server issues of YouTube TV can be the cause of the lag while using the services. The reason may be that many users are trying to access YouTube TV. As a result, the server becomes slow compared to normal days. If YouTube TV is found working well on other devices, the problem is with your device. If you find conclusive evidence, restart your YouTube TV to fix it or contact the customer support team of the YouTube TV and register a complaint.
9. Check your YouTube TV Account Validity
YouTube TV may not work if your subscription has expired. So, check the validity of your subscription and try again. If you find out that the validity of your YouTube TV is expired, renew the validity or purchase a new subscription. If the validity is not yet expired, install YouTube TV on a different device and try using it.
Undoubtedly, any users will get frustrated if YouTube TV stops working. This article will be useful to you to surpass those hurdles if you find any while using YouTube TV. So, with the above fixes, you can make your YouTube TV make working again within minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
The issue may be because of the problems with your YouTube TV channel or the Roku device.
Yes, you can easily fix the issues on YouTube TV with Roku.