WhatsApp is the most used social media messenger around the world. You can send text messages, media like images, videos, audio, etc. You can also make video calls and audio calls. The app is available on various platforms. But the app isn’t rolled out for streaming devices. To get WhatsApp on streaming devices like Roku, you may want to screen mirror your Android, iOS smartphone, or computer to the Roku-connected TV.
How to Use WhatsApp on Roku?
As mentioned earlier, Whatsapp is not available on Streaming devices right now. Therefore, you have to use the screen mirroring option on Roku to view Whatsapp videos/audio calls or messages on the TV. You can either use Android, iPhone, or Windows PC to mirror Whatsapp to your TV.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
To mirror any of the devices, you must enable the screen mirroring on Roku. Follow the below steps.
1. Turn on the Roku device, and from the home screen, go to Settings.
2. On the setting screen, select System Settings.
3. Choose the Screen Mirroring option and click on Enable Screen Mirroring.
4. Select the Prompt or Alway Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
If you choose Prompt, whenever a screen mirroring request comes, you will receive a notification to accept the request. If you choose Always Allow, the request will be accepted automatically.
Screen Mirror from Android Smartphone to Roku
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch WhatsApp on your Android Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the WhatsApp app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
4. After that, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, your Android Smartphone’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
6. Now, launch WhatsApp and log in to your account.
7. Select any contact you want and tap on the Video Call icon.
8. Once your contact accepts the video call connection, you can view it on your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror WhatsApp from iOS Smartphone to Roku
1. Install Mirror for Roku from the Roku channel store and launch it.
2. Connect your iPhone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Open the Mirror for the Roku app on your iOS smartphone and tap on the Roku device name on the screen.
4. Approve the screen mirroring request by launching the Mirror for Roku on Roku-connected TV.
5. Finally, tap on Allow Notifications and then Start Mirroring.
6. Launch the WhatsApp app and make a video call to your contact. Finally, the video call will appear on your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror WhatsApp to Roku from PC
With the steps below, you can screen mirror WhatsApp from PC to Roku.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Connect your PC and the Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Go to the WhatsApp web portal and scan the QR code from your Whatsapp app to log in.
4. Now, click on the Action Center and select the Connect option.
5. After that, select the Roku device from the list of devices available.
6. Your PC screen will appear on the TV.
Now, you can see Whatsapp on your TV with the above methods. You can make video calls and audio calls and watch them on the TV. You can also read messages, view videos and images using this method on your Roku.
Alternatives to WhatsApp Video Call
The following are the alternatives to WhatsApp Video Call:
- How to install Zoom on Roku
- How to get Google Meet on Roku
No, WhatsApp is unavailable in the channel store.
You can screen mirror the WhatsApp to Roku from Android Smartphone, iOS Smartphone, and PC to Roku.