WhatsApp is one of the most-used social media platforms with millions of active users. By downloading the app on your device, you can share messages, videos, pictures, audio, document files, and much more. If you are looking to install WhatsApp on Roku we are sorry to inform you that, Whatsapp is not compatible with the Channel Store of Roku. Even though you cannot install WhatsApp on Roku officially, you can stream WhatsApp on Roku by sharing the content from your smartphone or PC to the Roku device with the Screen Mirroring option.
- WhatsApp lets you share the live and current location of your device with your desired contact.
- The application allows you to send and receive media files. You can also play the videos via a built-in WhatsApp player
- It lets you make Audio and Video call with anyone with a stable internet connection.
- It can be accessed via mobile apps or web portals.
- It offers end-to-end encrypted privacy to secure your messages.
WhatsApp is completely free to use on any device.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install WhatsApp on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the WhatsApp application and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp on Roku from iOS
Make sure you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Ensure that you have connected your iPhone or iPad and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and install the WhatsApp application.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Launch the WhatsApp app and stream your desired content on Roku
6. To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and unselect the Roku device.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp from Windows
Similar to Android, you have to enable screen mirroring for Windows PC. Before screen mirroring, ensure to connect your Roku and Windows to the same WiFi network.
1. Visit the WhatsApp official website on your PC and select the
WhatsApp Web option at the top right.
2. Launch the WhatsApp application on your smartphone.
3. Tap the three-dotted icon and choose Linked Devices from the drop-down.
4. Select Link a Device and Scan the QR code displayed on the website.
5. Once you have scanned the QR code, you can access WhatsApp on your PC.
7. Now, press Windows + K keys simultaneously to open the Cast window.
8. Select your Roku device from the list and access WhatsApp on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp from Mac PC
Make sure that you have enabled the Airplay on Roku to screen mirror your Mac PC.
1. Connect your Mac and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the WhatsApp official website on your Mac PC using the web browser.
3. Now, open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and click on tap on Settings → Linked Devices → Link a Device.
4. Then, scan the QR code displayed on the WhatsApp website and link your WhatsApp account with your Mac.
5. Now, go to the home screen and click on the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Center.
6. From the list, select your Roku device and use WhatsApp on Roku.
No, Roku Channel Store doesn’t support WhatsApp. Yet, you can watch WhatsApp through screen mirroring from a smartphone or PC device.