Vimeo is a video-sharing website that allows users to view, upload, and share videos. Vimeo is compatible with all Roku devices and Roku TVs. You can install the Vimeo app from the Channel Store. With the Vimeo app on Roku, you can watch high-quality videos and upload your own videos.
Features of Vimeo
- Though Vimeo has subscription plans, you can use the Vimeo app for free.
- Apart from subscriptions, you can buy or rent videos in the Vimeo app.
- You can mark your favorite videos with the Like button. With the Watch Later feature, you can queue the video to your profile and watch them later.
- On the Vimeo platform, you will get short films and series.
- You won’t get any ads even with the free profile.
- You can save your private videos in the Collections folder and access them on Roku.
Here are the subscription plans for Vimeo which also provides you with a 14-day free trial.
|Subscription Plan||Price (billed annually)||No of Videos / Seat / Year|
|Starter||$7 per month||60 videos|
|Standard||$25 per month||120 videos|
|Advanced||$65 per month||240 videos|
You can buy any of these plans from the Vimeo website. If you want, you can customize the plan based on your business needs by using the Enterprise plan.
How to Add Vimeo on Roku
There are two methods to get the Vimeo app.
- Using Roku Channel Store
- Using Roku Mobile App
How to Install Vimeo on Roku Using Channel Store
1. Turn on your Roku and connect to the WiFi network.
2. Press the Home button on your remote.
3. Then, select the Streaming Channels option from the home page.
4. In the Roku Channel Store, click the Search channels option from the menu.
5. Now, search for Vimeo using the search bar and choose the app from the search result.
6. Click the Add Channel to install Vimeo on Roku.
7. Select the OK option in the prompt and tap the Go to channel option to launch the Vimeo app.
8. After this process, you need to activate the app.
How to Add Vimeo using Roku mobile app
1. Power on your Android or iOS device and launch the Roku mobile app.
3. Sign in to your Roku account.
4. Select the Devices tab from the menu.
5. Make sure that your smartphone is connected to the same WiFi network as Roku.
6. Choose the Roku device from the available devices in the list that appears.
7. After the connection is established, select the Channels tab from the menu.
8. Choose the Channel Store tab and search for Vimeo.
9. Select Vimeo from the search result and tap on the Add channel button.
10. Once, the process gets over the channel will be added to Roku.
11. If the channel is not added to your Roku, you can update the Roku immediately to get the app.
How to Activate Vimeo on Roku
1. Launch the Vimeo on the Roku device.
2. Select the Login button from the home screen.
3. Then, note down the activation code from your Roku TV screen.
4. Visit the Vimeo activation website (https://vimeo.com/activate).
5. Now, log in with the Vimeo account.
6. Then, enter the activation code and click the Connect Device button.
7. Now, the Vimeo app will be activated on your Roku device.
8. Start watching all the Vimeo videos.
If the Vimeo app is not working, you can fix it by updating your Roku device.
No, as of now, Vimeo Live is not available for Roku devices.