- Sportsnet is unavailable on Roku.
- But you can screen mirror the Sportsnet app to Roku from Android or iOS devices
Sportsnet is a popular cable TV channel in Canada. It is the best channel to stream major sports events like NHL, MLB, NFL, Premiere League, and other sports. Also, with the Sportsnet app, you can stream your favorite sports anytime and anywhere. Moreover, you can also stream Sportsnet on Roku.
Features of Sportsnet App
- Gives you the latest news in sports from the insiders
- You can follow your favorite teams by getting their schedules, news, videos, and more
- Steam 24/7 live sports matches on Sportsnet Now
- Subscribe to Breaking news, League News, and more to get notifications
Can you Get Sportsnet on Roku
Yes, you stream Sportsnet on Roku. Eventhough, the Sportsnet app is not yet made available for Roku, you can screen mirror the app from your Android devices like smartphones or tablets and iOS devices like iPhones or iPads.
How Much is the Sportsnet App
Access to the Sportsnet app is free with participating cable TV providers like Rogers, Telus, Bell, Cogeco, CityWest, Eastlink, HuronTel, Mornington, Nexicom, Shaw, Sunwire, and more.
If you don’t have a cable TV Provider that offers the Sportsnet channel, you can subscribe to Sportsnet Now to access the Sportnet app on Roku. There are two subscription plans offered by Sportsnet Now. They are:
- SN Now Standard – $14.99 per month or $149.99 per year.
- SN NOW Premium – $34.99 per month or $249.99 per year.
How to Subscribe to Sportsnet Now
(1) Go to the official website of Sportsnet.
(2) Click on the LIVE button from the home page.
(3) Next, select the Subscribe button from the upper right corner. On the new page, click on the Choose Plan button.
(4) On the Get Started Page, choose the plan you want.
(5) Next, click on the Buy Now button.
(6) On the Register Page, enter your Email Address and password. After that, click on the Next button.
(7) On the next page, enter your credit card details and click on the Submit Order button.
(8) You have now created your Sportsnet Now account.
How to Watch Sportsnet on Roku
There are three ways to watch Sportsnet Now on Roku. They are:
- From Android Devices
- From iOS Devices
- Using PC
Screen Mirror Sportsnet on Roku using Android Devices
Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
Note: Make sure to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku.
(1) On your Android device, go to Notification Panel.
(2) Select the Cast icon and choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
(3) The screen of your Android device will mirror to your Roku.
(4) Now, launch the Sportsnet app. If you haven’t installed the Sportsnet app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
(5) Sign in with your Sportsnet Now account or TV provider account.
(6) Select the sports show you want and enjoy watching it on Roku.
Screen Mirror Sportsnet to Roku using iOS Devices
Once you update Roku to the latest version, you will get the privilege to screen mirror iOS devices like iPhones or iPad to Roku. But before that, you need to turn on the AirPlay on Roku.
1. Get the Sportsnet app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Now, swipe your iOS device’s screen from up to down to bring down the Control Center.
3. From the Control Center, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
Note: You must have connected your Roku and iOS device to the same wifi network. Otherwise, your Roku device will not appear on your iOS device’s screen.
4. Now, launch the Sportsnet app and sign in with your subscription account.
Finally, you can mirror your favorite sports matches on Roku.
Screen Mirror Sportsnet on Roku using PC
Ensure that you have connected your PC to the same wifi network as Roku and follow the steps below:
(1) Open the Windows Action Center and click on the All Settings tile.
(2) Choose the System option from Settings.
(3) Locate and select the Display option.
(4) Now, click on the Connect to a wireless display option.
(5) After that, select your Roku device from the Connect window.
(6) You can now see your Windows PC’s screen on your Roku.
(7) Next, go to a web browser and visit the official webpage of Sportsnet.
(8) Sign in to your account and play your favorite sports matches on Roku.
There is no official news about Sportsnetsnet being available on the Roku Channel Store.
Yes, you can watch Sportsnet only in Canada, and to stream Sportsnet from outside of Canada, you need to connect to a VPN.