Sportsnet is a Canadian English-language sports specialty channel. The channel is only available in Canada, and it was first established on October 9, 1998, as a joint venture between CTV, Liberty, and Rogers Media. With the Sportsnet channel, you can watch sports like NHL, MLB, NBA, Rugby games, and wrestling. The Sportsnet platform offers its service on various platforms like Android smartphones, iOS smartphones, and other devices. But unfortunately, you can’t get the services of Sportsnet on Roku. However, let’s discuss the possible ways to stream Sportsnet on Roku.
Features of Sportsnet
- Gives you the latest news in sports from the insiders
- Latest Scores, stats, NHL & MLB live trackers, and more
- You can follow your favorite teams by getting their schedules, news, videos, and more
- Steam 24/7 live sports matches on Sportsnet Now
- Subscribe to Breaking news, League News, and more to get notifications
- You can stream NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, CFL, and more
How to Create Sportsnet Account?
With a Sportsnet account, you can receive scores, highlights, and stats for free.
(1) Go to Sportsnet Official Website and select the Profile icon.
(2) Click on Sign Up and fill in the details like Name, Email, Password, and more and select Create Account.
(3) You have now created your Sportsnet account.
How to Subscribe and Create Sportsnet Now Account?
With a Sportsnet Now account, you can Livestream 300+ regular-season games and more.
(1) Go back to the home screen of your Sportsnet website.
(2) Click on LIVE and select Subscribe. On the new page, select Choose Plan.
(3) On the Get Started Page, choose the plan you want by clicking on Buy Now on the plan.
(4) On the Register Page, enter the email id and password that you created for your Sportsnet account and select Next.
(5) On the Billing Information & Order Confirmation page, fill in the details like Credit Card Number, Credit Card Expiration, and more, and click on Submit Order.
(6) You have now created your Sportsnet Now account.
How to Access Sportsnet on Roku
Sportsnet is unavailable on the channel store. So, you can’t add Sportsnet to Roku. However, you can screen mirror the Sportsnet app from the Android or iOS Smartphone.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
The below steps will help you with enabling the screen mirroring on Roku.
(1) Choose Settings from the home screen and select System.
(2) Select Screen mirroring and choose Screen mirroring mode.
(3) Choose Prompt or Always Allow to allow screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror Sportsnet on Roku using Android Smartphone
Connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below.
(1) On your Android Smartphone, go to Notification Panel.
(2) Select the Cast icon and choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
(3) The contents on your Smartphone screen will be mirrored to your Roku device.
(4) Now, launch the Sportsnet app. If you haven’t installed the Sportsnet app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store and launch the app.
(5) Sign in with your Sportsnet Now account or TV provider account to watch Sportsnet Now.
(6) Select the sports show you want and enjoy watching it on Roku.
Screen Mirror Sportsnet to Roku using iOS Smartphone
Once you update Roku to the latest version, you will get the privilege to screen mirror iOS Smartphones to Roku. But before that, go to Roku Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Find the AirPlay option and turn it on.
1. Open the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Search and install the Sportsnet app.
3. Now, swipe your iOS Smartphone’s screen from up to down to bring down the Control Center.
4. From the Control Center, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
Note: You must have connected your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the same wifi network. Otherwise, your Roku device will not appear on your iOS Smartphone’s screen.
5. Now, launch the Sportsnet app and sign in with your subscription account.
Finally, you can mirror your favorite sports matches to Roku
Screen Mirror Sportsnet on Roku using PC
Ensure that you have connected your PC to the same wifi network as Roku and follow the steps below:
(1) From your PC, select the browser.
(2) Search for Sportsnet and from the search results, choose Sportsnet Official Website.
(3) Select the Profile icon and enter your Sportsnet account details to sign in to Sportsnet.
(4) Now, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
(5) All the wireless devices that are available to cast will appear.
(6) From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
(7) The contents on the PC’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku.
(8) Select the matches you want to watch from the Sportsnet website, and enjoy watching them on Roku.
No, Sportsnet is not available officially on Roku. But you can use screen mirroring as an option to stream the content.
You can only watch some highlights for free on Sportsnet. To watch the entire sport live, you can subscribe to Sportsnet Now.
Yes, you can watch Sportsnet only in Canada, and to stream Sportsnet from outside of Canada, you need a VPN.