Shaw BlueCurve TV includes more than 80+ channels and over 30,000+ on-demand titles. It is available to Shaw Direct customers for free and at no additional cost. You can also watch your favorite TV shows, movies, and more. It belongs to Shaw Direct, a satellite television distributor in Canada. It was founded in 1996, and its headquarters are in Calgary, which is in Alberta, Canada. Shaw Direct is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications. BlueCurve TV is only available in Canada, and you cannot watch it outside of Canada. Shaw BlueCurve TV is not available on Roku, and to watch it on Roku, you need to use the screen mirroring option to cast contents to Roku.
Features of Shaw BlueCurve TV
- Shaw TV customers can download new PVR recordings on the go
- It allows you to search by network, TV series, program, movie
- Pick up where you left off with the tracked data up to a year in History
- Advanced parental controls to keep your kids safe
- Can stream upto 2 devices and download to go function upto 5 devices per account
- Shaw BlueCurve TV includes movie ratings from Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster
Subscription Plans For Shaw Direct
Shaw Direct provides you with a lot of different plans to choose from. The plans are
Limited TV includes all the basic local channels. You can also cast to a TV using the Bluecurve TV app. The Multi-Receiver fee is extra. This plan costs about $25.00 per month.
Extra Small TV includes all the features of Limited TV and five additional channels of your choice, making a total of 10 channels. In addition, new customers can get up to $450 in hardware rental credits. This plan costs about $69.99 per month for the first year, and after the first year, it will cost $74 per month.
Small TV includes all the features of Extra Small TV along with five additional channels of your choice, making a total of 15 channels. This plan costs about $80 per month for the first year, and after a year, it costs $90 per month.
Medium TV includes all the features of Small TV and the addition of 15 channels of your choice, making a total of 30 channels. Allows you to access channels from different timezones with Timeshift. You can also choose from Hollywood Suite or World & Adventure. This plan costs about $90 per month for the first year, and after a year, it costs about $105 per month.
Total TV includes all the features of Medium TV and an addition of 47 channels of your choice, making a total of 77 channels. This plan costs about $105 per month for the first year, and after a year, it costs about $130 per month.
How to Create Shaw ID?
(1) Go to your browser and enter my.shawdirect.ca.
(2) Click on Register now and on the Create Shaw ID page, enter your email address and password and select Create your Shaw ID.
(3) Enter your Shaw Account Number and Postal Code to verify your account and click on Create your Shaw ID.
(4) You will receive an email from Shaw Direct. Go to that email and select Activate Now to activate your Shaw ID.
(5) You now have your own Shaw ID.
How to Stream Shaw BlueCurve on Roku?
Because Shaw BlueCurve TV is not available on Roku, you can only use the screen mirroring option to cast contents from other devices to your Roku device. The devices are:
Before casting the contents from other devices to Roku, you need to ensure whether the Screen Mirroring option has been set up. If not, then set up screen mirroring.
How to Setup Screen Mirroring on Roku?
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote and go to the home screen.
(2) From the home screen, select the Settings option. Next, choose System under Settings and select Screen Mirroring.
(3) Choose Screen mirroring mode and select either Prompt or Always Allow to allow screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen mirroring on Roku has been set up. You can now screen mirror the content from any cast supporting device.
How to Stream Shaw BlueCurve TV on Roku Using your Smartphone?
(1) Open your Smartphone and select Play Store.
(2) Enter Shaw BlueCurve TV on the search bar and choose the app from the search results.
(3) Click on Install to download and install Shaw BlueCurve TV on your smartphone.
(4) Go to Notification Panel and choose the Screen mirroring icon.
(5) Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and select OK.
(6) The contents shown on your smartphone screen will be mirrored to your Roku device.
(7) Launch the Shaw BlueCurve TV app and log in using your Shaw credentials.
(8) Now, you will be able to stream movies and tv shows on Roku.
How to Stream Shaw BlueCurve TV on Roku From your PC?
(1) From your PC, select the browser.
(2) Search for Shaw BlueCurve, and from the search results, choose Shaw BlueCurve TV’s official website.
(3) Scroll down and select Watch online.
(4) Enter your Shaw ID and Password and select Continue.
(5) Using your keyboard, press the Windows and K keys together.
(6) The devices that are available to cast will appear. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and click on OK.
(7) You will be able to cast the contents on the screen to your Roku device.
(8) Select the shows or movies you want to watch and enjoy watching them on Roku.
You can watch channels like HGTV, Food, Sportsnet, and more. On BlueCurve TV, you can stream live sports, on-demand titles, shows, and more which are all rated and ranked. You can also download shows and watch them offline. I hope you like this article and kindly leave your thoughts in the current section.
(1) Is Shaw BlueCurve TV available on Roku?
No, Shaw BlueCurve is not available on Roku. But it is available on iOS and Android devices.
(2) Is Shaw BlueCurve TV free?
Shaw BlueCurve is free only for the customers of Shaw Direct. For those who are not customers of Shaw Direct, if you still want to watch Shaw BlueCurve, you need to subscribe to Shaw Direct.
(3) How much does Shaw Direct subscription costs?
Shaw Direct has a wide variety of plans for the customers to choose from. The most basic plan costs about $25 per month, while the most premium plan costs about $130 per month.