MTV is a popular streaming network in America that launches its official MTV applications for fans. You can watch all the content of MTV in your leisure time with the app. It offers MTV original series, latest music videos, Live TV shows, full episodes, movies, news, and many more. It is compatible with many devices, namely Android, iOS, PC, Roku, Firestick, and many more. With the subscription of any TV provider, you can enjoy streaming MTV on your Roku device. The below section is going to deal with adding and activating MTV on Roku.
Related: How to watch CTV on Roku
Major Contents of MTV
Enjoy watching the exclusive contents of MTV. Some of them are,
- Jersey Shore: Family Vacation
- On The Beach
- The Real World
- Beavis and Butt-Head
- Video Music Awards
- Catfish: The TV Show
- Double Shot at Love
- The Challenge
- Floribama Shore
How to Add MTV on Roku?
MTV is officially available on Roku Channel Store. Hence, take a look at the down tutorial to learn about installing MTV on your Roku device.
1. Connect your Roku device to your TV and turn it on.
2. Then, press the Home button on your Roku TV remote to get to the home screen.
3. Head over to the Streaming Channels option in the menu.
4. Then, scroll down and select Search Channels.
5. Search for MTV and pick the app from the suggestions.
6. Hit the Add Channel button on the app page.
6. Click the OK button once the installation is done.
How to Activate MTV on Roku
As before said, you can activate MTV with any of your TV subscriptions.
1. Launch the installed MTV app on your Roku device.
2. Activation code will be displayed on the screen.
3. Navigate to the https://www.mtv.com/activate site from another device.
4. Provide the 7-digit Activation code on the site and tap Continue.
5. Choose your TV provider and sign in with your login details.
6. You will get the MTV homepage on the TV screen.
7. Pick your favorite content to stream on the big screens.
How to Screen Mirror MTV on Roku
Enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Next, search and install the MTV app.
3. Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down and bring down the Notification Panel.
5. Tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Now, launch the MTV app and login in with your cable TV subscription account.
7. Browse and play any entertainment content you want and watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror MTV on Roku from PC
Connect your Roku device and PC to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Open any web browser on your PC and visit the official website of MTV.
2. Then, choose any of your favorite content to watch.
3. Sign in with your cable TV Provider account.
4. Now, click on the Play button to stream your favorites.
5. Next, press the Windows + k keys on your keyboard.
6. Select your Roku device. Now, the media content from MTV will play on your TV.
How to Watch MTV on Roku without a Cable
You can watch MTV on your TV without cable. It can be done by other streaming services that offer MTV, of which some are listed below.
- Sling TV
Philo streaming service offers 60+ channels, including MTV. It supports cloud DVR so that you can record your favorite shows. You can stream the video on three different devices simultaneously. You can also watch on-demand content. Get Philo at $25 per month with a seven-day free trial.
You can watch many live TV channels, thousands of movies, kid’s shows, and much more on Sling TV. With the subscription packages, this service provides different channels, including MTV. Pick Sling TV at $35-50/month with a 7-day free trial.
fuboTV is meant for live sports and TV channels, and it is compatible with the Roku streaming service. You can watch MTV exclusively on FuboTV. You can enjoy streaming thousands of content with 30 hours of Cloud DVR space which lets you record your favorite shows and watch them later. Opt for FuboTV at $69.99/month with a 7-day free trial.
Yes, MTV is available on the Channel Store.
Yes, you can get MTV on all Roku device models.
Yes, the MTV app is free to add to your streaming device.