Kodi is a powerful open-source media software. It is a streaming software where you can find movies, TV shows, music, and what else. This app is best for home entertainment and gives a greater performance in multiple devices namely Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, and other streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, etc., You can get hundreds of options in Kodi to ruin your boredoms. It is an excellent platform which has compatibility with different formats like videos, audios, and even pictures gallery. Let us see how to get Kodi on Roku in this below article.
Features of Kodi
Kodi on Roku has many interesting traits, which are:
Enjoy the Open source – You can enjoy watching numerous movies and TV shows, listen to your favorite music, catching-up with the Sports, and much more.
Add-ons option – As Kodi is an open-source media player, it extends its hand to the amazing Addons option. You can get the Add-ons relating to video, radio, audio, and TV.
Record Videos – It allows you to watch and record the live TV. So, you can watch them at your leisure time. It lets you sync your media library to multiple devices.
How to Get Kodi on Roku
As you cannot officially download Kodi on Roku, you can opt for an alternative way called screen mirroring. Observe the section below.
How to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
You have to screen mirror your Roku device, before streaming the contents of Kodi on your Android and Windows.
1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Navigate to Setting and then go to System settings.
3. Pick Screen mirroring option and click on Enable screen mirroring.
4. Now you can screen mirror any of your Android and Windows devices on Roku.
How to watch Kodi on Roku using Android
Follow the below steps to know how to watch Kodi on Roku devices using Android.
- Connect both the Roku and Android devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Start the Settings app on your Android device.
3. Press the Bluetooth & device connection and tap on Cast option.
4. Click on your Roku device in the list of available devices.
5. Now, hit the Always button on your Roku to accept permission for mirroring.
6. Launch the Kodi app on your Android device and select any content to watch.
7. Now, you can enjoy streaming the contents by means of screen mirroring.
As, Casting option varies from device to device, you can find it easily by searching it on the search bar.
How to watch Kodi on Roku using Windows
Learn how to watch Kodi on Roku using Windows in the below tutorial.
1. Connect both the Roku and Windows devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Press the Window + P keys at a time on your device keyboard.
3. Tap Connect to a wireless display option and pick your Roku device.
6. Grant permission on your Roku to start mirroring.
What is the best Kodi streaming device?
Some of the best Kodi XBMC streaming devices includes Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Amazon Fire TV Cube, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Turewell T, and so on.
How do you get free movies on Roku ?
Can you sideload apps on Roku ?
There’s no such thing as side-loading apps into a Roku. Yet you can enable screen mirroring option on Roku to watch videos.
Is the Kodi box legal ?
The Kodi app and Kodi boxes are legal. So, the users no need to worry about any issues. But, it is not advisable to knook into any copyright media.