Kodi is an open-source free media player platform that allows you to stream media files from your local storage. Also, there are a lot of add-ons available on Kodi that allow you in streaming your favorite movies and TV shows. Moreover, you can also stream the Kodi app on your Roku device models like Roku Express, TCL Roku TV, Roku Smart TV, and more.
Can you Get Kodi on Roku
The Kodi app is unavailable on Roku. Additionally, there is no option to sideload the Kodi app on Roku. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t get the Kodi app on your device. The official app for Kodi is available on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac PCs. So, you can use the screen mirroring feature on Roku to mirror the Kodi app from these available devices.
How to Screen Mirror Kodi on Roku using Android Devices
Enable the Screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Install the Kodi app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
2. Move on to the Notification Panel on your Android device.
3. Locate and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Now, your Android device will scan for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
5. You can now see your Android device’s screen mirrored to Roku.
6. You can now launch the Kodi app and mirror it to Roku.
How to watch Kodi on Roku using Windows PC
1. Turn on your PC and open a web browser.
2. Next, visit the official website of Kodi and download Kodi for Windows PC.
3. After that, launch the Kodi.exe file and follow the on-screen prompt to install Kodi on your PC.
4. Make sure that you have enabled the Screen mirroring on Roku.
5. Connect both Roku and Windows PC to the same wifi network.
6. Press the Window + P keys at a time on your windows PC’s keyboard.
7. Click on the Connect to a wireless display option and pick your Roku device.
8. Select the Allow option on your Roku TV’s display if required.
9. Launch the Kodi app and strream your favorites on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Kodi on Roku from iOS Devices
Enable the AirPlay feature on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Go to the Control Center on your iOS device and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Choose your Roku device from the avilable device’s list.
4. With this, your iOS device’s screen will mirror on your Roku.
5. Download and install the Kodi app from it’s official website.
6. Launch the Kodi app after installing it.
7. You can now enjoy streaming your favorites from Kodi on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Kodi on Roku from Mac PC
Connect your Mac PC and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Go to the official website of Kodi on a web browser and dowbload Kodi for Mac PC.
2. Launch the installer file of Kodi and install it on your Mac by following the on-screen prompts.
3. Now, go to the Roku Settings and enable the AirPlay feature.
4. Next, connect your Mac and Roku to the same wifi network.
5. Go to the home screen of your Mac PC and click on the Control Center icon.
6. Hit the Screen Mirroring icon and select your Roku device.
7. Now, you can open the Kodi app and stream its content on your TV.
On the Kodi app, you can find a numerous number of addons that let you stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and sport content for free. Also, you install the addons on the Kodi app from various sources as well. Either way you have the upper hand in streaming your favorites with the Kodi app.