Internet Explorer was one of the mainstream web browsers that were released in 1995 by Microsoft. After 27 years of a long run with the services of Internet Explorer, it gave up its services on June 16, 2022. Currently, Microsoft Edge serves as the replacement for Internet Explorer. Since you can’t get the services of Internet Explorer on Roku. Let’s discover the ways you can use the Microsoft Edge on your Roku device-connected TV.
How to Get Internet Explorer on Roku
The Internet Explorer browser itself isn’t available in the Channel Store. And the Microsoft Edge serves as the replacement for the Internet Explorer. So, let’s use the screen mirroring on the Roku feature to mirror the Microsoft Edge app from the Android or iOS Smartphone.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
Quick Guide: Open the Settings menu > choose System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode > Choose Prompt or Always Allow.
1. Turn on your TV and then connect the Roku device.
2. Open the Roku Settings menu.
3. Select the System option from the menu.
4. Next, select Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode.
5. Finally, select the Prompt or Always Allow option.
Screen Mirror Internet Explorer on Roku from Android Smartphone
You can screen mirror Microsoft Edge from Android smartphones as follows.
1. Start by connecting both your Android smartphone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Android device’s Notification Panel.
3. Choose the Cast icon and then select your Roku TV from the list of devices.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge app on your Android Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the Internet Explorer app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
5. Finally, the Microsoft Edge will be mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror Internet Explorer on Roku from iOS Smartphone
If you have the Microsoft Edge app on your iOS Smartphone, you can mirror it to your device as follows. Otherwise, you can install the Microsoft Edge from the App Store. After that, you can follow the steps below:
1. Initially, connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
2. Launch the Control Center on your iOS device.
3. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon on your screen.
4. Next, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Next, open the Microsoft Edge app on your iOS Smartphone.
6. Finally, the Microsoft Edge will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Internet Explorer on Roku from PC
1. Turn on your PC and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
2. Launch the Windows Action Center and select Expand.
3. Find the Connect option in the sidebar and select it.
4. From the list of devices on your screen, choose your Roku device.
5. Choose the Allow or Always Allow option.
6. Finally, open the Microsoft Edge and mirror it to your Roku TV.
Alternatives to Microsoft Edge For Roku
Since Internet Explorer is shutting down, try these web browsers for Roku.
Frequently Asked questions
No, the Internet Explorer is unavailable in the channel store.
Since the Internet Explorer has ended its service, you can screen mirror the Microsoft Edge to Roku from an Android or iOS Smartphone.