Chrome is a dynamic web browser by Google. You can easily access multiple apps, sites, and many more on this browser. It is one of the safest browsers that can be used for various purposes. Chrome is accessible from multiple devices with a single Google account. It is compatible with most popular devices like Android phones/tablets, iPhone/iPad, PCs, etc. And if you want to know how to access Chrome on Roku, follow the section below.
Here are the splendid features of Optimum,
- It allows you to sync the data of your account faster.
- You can bookmark your favorite site or important page for easy access.
- The app offers colorful themes, so you can customize the tab with your favorite theme.
- You can access the browsing history whenever you want.
- It lets you explore the downloaded items in the Downloads section.
- You can cast tabs to stream them on the other screens like Roku, TV, etc.
Is a Web Browser Available on Roku?
The answer is no. A web browser is unavailable in the channel store. But you don’t need to worry because you can use the screen mirroring feature on Roku. However, you can screen mirror the Chrome app from the Android or iOS smartphone to Roku.
How to Get Google Chrome Browser on Roku?
Chrome isn’t accessible on Roku directly. However, it can be done through the Screen Mirroring option.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku?
Observe the below steps to turn on Screen Mirroring on Roku.
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and wait for it to load the Homepage.
2. Tap the Settings option in the main menu.
3. Select the System Settings button from the right side.
4. Pick the Screen mirroring mode.
5. Choose the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror Chrome on Roku using Android Smartphone?
Important Note: Chrome is a default app on Android smartphones.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, launch the Chrome app on your Android Smartphone.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
4. Then, choose your Roku TV.
5. After that, Chrome will display on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Chrome on Roku from iOS Smartphone
Initially, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
Note: You need to turn on the AirPlay from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now, navigate to AirPlay and turn it on.
1. Open the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Search and install the Chrome app.
3. Next, launch the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices section.
5. Now, launch the Chrome app and browse anything you want and it will display on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror Chrome on Roku from a PC
Connect your PC and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Chrome app on PC. If you haven’t installed the Chrome app, download it from its official website. Once you download the exe file, install it.
2. Click on the Action Center from the lower right corner.
3. Then, select your Roku device from the right pane.
4. Launch the Chrome app, and it will display on your Roku TV.
Alternatives to Chrome on Roku
The following are the alternatives to Chrome on Roku:
No, the Chrome app is unavailable in the Channel Store.
Yes, you can screen mirror the Chrome app from an Android or iOS Smartphone to your streaming device.