Google Chrome is one of the best browsers for surfing the internet. You can browse for your favorite content or queries over the internet with Google Chrome. Also, it has exciting features like Incognito mode, which lets you browse privately without saving data. Moreover, you also have the safe browsing feature that will alert you about risky and potentially unsafe sites. But the Google Chrome app is not natively available for Roku. So, you only have to depend on screen mirroring to get the Google Chrome app on Roku.
- Google Chrome allows you to sync the data of your account faster.
- You can bookmark your favorite site or important page for easy access.
- The app offers colorful themes, so you can customize the tab with your favorite theme.
- You can access the browsing history whenever you want.
- It lets you explore the downloaded items in the Downloads section.
- You can cast tabs to stream them on Chromecast-supported TVs.
How to Get Google Chrome Browser on Roku
The Google Chrome app is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. But you don’t have to worry, as you can screen mirror the Chrome app to Roku from Smart devices. You can screen mirror the Chrome browser to Roku using three devices. They are Android devices, iOS devices, and PC
To screen mirror your Android or iOS devices, the following pre-requirements should be met. They are:
- Turn on the screen mirroring feature on Roku for mirroring Android and PC.
- Enable the AirPlay on Roku from Settings for mirroring iOS devices.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome on Roku using Android Devices
Important Note: Google Chrome is a default app on Android devices. If you can’t find the Google Chrome app on your Android device, get the app from the Google Play Store.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, launch the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
4. Then, choose your Roku TV to connect for screen mirroring.
5. Once your Roku is connected, go back to the Chrome app and mirror it to Roku.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome to Roku from iOS Devices
Initially, connect your iOS device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Get the Google Chrome app from the App Store.
2. Next, launch the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices section.
4. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
5. After that, launch the Chrome app and mirror it to your TV.
Screen Mirror Chrome on Roku from PC
1. Connect your PC and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the Chrome app on your PC. If you haven’t installed the Chrome app, download it from its official website. Once you download the exe file, install it.
3. Click on the Action Center from the lower right corner.
4. Next, select the Connect tile and select your Roku device from the new window.
5. Launch the Chrome app, and it will be mirrored to your TV.
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer are some of the best alternatives for Chrome.