For surfing the internet on Roku, Google Chrome is one of the best and most popular browsers. You can browse for your favorite content or queries over the internet with Chrome. But, it is sad to say that there is no official app for Google Chrome on the Roku Channel Store.
So, Roku users have to depend on screen mirroring to use the Google Chrome app on their devices. You can utilize our curated guide to learn about the step-by-step process of screen mirroring techniques for popular streaming devices like smartphones (Android & iOS) and PCs (Windows & Mac).
- Account Sync – Chrome browser makes it easy to keep all your bookmarks, history, and passwords.
- Private Browsing – Incognito mode lets you browse privately without saving any traces.
- Extensions – Like Firefox, Firefox provides a huge number of features and extension tools.
- Task Manager – You can easily control and manage the websites you are currently using.
- Dark Mode – Protect your eyes from the harmful blue light by enabling the dark mode feature.
- Safe browsing – Alert you about risky and potentially unsafe sites.
How to Use Google Chrome on Roku
Unfortunately, you cannot download Google Chrome on Roku due to its unavailability. But still, you can stream Google Chrome with screen mirroring. Roku offers screen mirroring or AirPlay support to mirror the smartphone and PC. Therefore, you can watch Google Chrome on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac PCs.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you must enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install Google Chrome on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the Google Chrome app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome on Roku from iOS
Make sure you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Ensure you connect your iPhone, iPad, and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and install the Google Chrome app.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Launch the Google Chrome app and play any video content to stream on Roku.
6. To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and unselect the Roku device.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome from Windows
Similar to Android, you have to enable screen mirroring for Windows PCs. Before proceeding with the below steps, ensure that your PC and Roku are connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Go to the website that you want to cast.
3. Meanwhile, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
4. Select your Roku device from the Available Device list.
5. Now, the Google Chrome browser will be mirrored to your TV.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome from Mac PC
Make sure that you have enabled the Airplay on Roku to screen mirror your Mac PC.
1. Connect your Mac and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your Mac PC after installing it.
3. From the top menu bar on your Mac, click the Control Center icon.
4. Click the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the available devices.
5. Finally, your Mac’s screen is projected onto your Roku-connected TV to watch the content.
Sideload Google Chrome on Roku
Sideloading is not the recommended way of using any platforms on a Roku device. If you can’t find your desired app on the Roku Channel Store, then you can consider this technique. With the help of the sideloading method, you can install any kind of APK file on your Roku device.
You need to enable and use the Developer Mode on your Roku to sideload the Google Chrome browser or any other APK format files.
No, Google Chrome is not available for Roku streaming devices and TVs. You need to screen mirror the browser from your smartphone or PC.
There is no dedicated web browser available on Roku devices. Instead, you can make use of any third-party browser like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.