Google Chrome is one of the best browsers in the market. With it, you can browse for your favorite content over the internet. Also, it has exciting features like Incognito mode, which lets you browse privately without saving data. Moreover, you also have the safe browsing feature that will alert you about risky and potentially unsafe sites. But the Google Chrome app is not natively available for Roku. So, you only have to get the Google Chrome app on Roku with alternative ways.
Here are the splendid features of Chrome,
- It allows you to sync the data of your account faster.
- You can bookmark your favorite site or important page for easy access.
- The app offers colorful themes, so you can customize the tab with your favorite theme.
- You can access the browsing history whenever you want.
- It lets you explore the downloaded items in the Downloads section.
- You can cast tabs to stream them on Chromecast-supported TVs.
Is the Chrome App Available for Roku?
No such web browser is available in the channel store. But you don’t have to worry as you can screen mirror the Chrome app to Roku from Android or iOS devices.
How to Get Google Chrome Browser on Roku
You can screen mirror the Chrome browser to Roku using three devices. They are:
- Android devices like smartphones & tablets
- iOS devices like iPhones or iPads
To screen mirror your Android or iOS devices, the following pre-requirements should be met. They are:
Screen Mirror Google Chrome on Roku using Android Devices
Important Note: Google Chrome is a default app on Android devices. If you can’t find the Google Chrome app on your Android device, get the app from the Google Play Store.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same wifi network.
2. Then, launch the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
4. Then, choose your Roku TV.
5. Once your Roku is connected, go back to the Chrome app and mirror it to Roku.
Screen Mirror Google Chrome to Roku from iOS Devices
Initially, connect your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below.
1. Get the Google Chrome app from the App Store.
2. Next, launch the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices section.
4. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
5. After that, launch the Chrome app and mirror it to your TV.
Screen Mirror Chrome on Roku from a PC
Connect your PC and Roku device to the same wifi network and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Chrome app on PC. If you haven’t installed the Chrome app, download it from its official website. Once you download the exe file, install it.
2. Click on the Action Center from the lower right corner.
3. Next, select the Connect tile and select your Roku device from the new window.
4. Launch the Chrome app, and it will be mirrored to your TV.
There is no possible way to install the Google Chrome app on Roku.