Firefox is one of the popular web browsers that helps to access data in the form of text, images, audio, and video on the web. Besides the fact that the Firefox browser is not available on Roku Channel Store, many users still try to use Firefox on their Roku device due to its features. As of our research, casting or screen mirroring is the only possible way to get Firefox on Roku. If you want to watch any content from Firefox on a large screen through Roku, this guide will be your perfect companion.
- Sync your Firefox account across various devices to readily access your bookmarks, passwords, etc.
- Like Google Chrome, Firefox has a wide-range library of extensions.
- Private Browsing lets you surf the internet with utmost safety.
- Firefox offers thousands of different themes to customize the browser as you like.
- You can use the Picture-in-Picture mode to watch videos while browsing.
How to Use Firefox on Roku
Unfortunately, you cannot download Firefox on Roku due to its unavailability. But still, you can stream Firefox with screen mirroring. Roku offers screen mirroring or AirPlay support to mirror the smartphone and PC. Therefore, you can watch Firefox on Android, iOS, windows, and Mac PC.
Screen Mirror Firefox on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you must enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install Firefox on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the Firefox app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
Screen Mirror Firefox on Roku from iOS
Make sure you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Ensure you have connected your iPhone or iPad and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and install the Firefox app.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
5. Launch the Firefox app and play any video content to stream on Roku.
6. To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and unselect the Roku device.
Screen Mirror Firefox from Windows
Similar to Android, you have to enable screen mirroring for Windows PC. Before proceeding with the below steps, ensure that your PC and Roku are connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Open the Firefox browser on your PC.
2. Go to the website that you want to cast.
3. Meanwhile, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
4. Select your Roku device from the Available Device list.
5. Now, the Firefox browser will be mirrored to your TV.
Screen Mirror Firefox from Mac PC
Make sure that you have enabled the Airplay on Roku to screen mirror your Mac PC.
1. Connect your Mac and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Firefox web browser on your Mac PC after installing it.
3. From the top menu bar on your Mac, click the Control Center icon.
4. Click the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the available devices.
5. Finally, your Mac’s screen is projected onto your Roku-connected TV to watch the content.
No, Mozilla Firefox is not available for Roku streaming devices and TVs. You have to screen mirror the browser from your smartphone or PC.
There is no built-in web browser available for Roku. In the Channel Store too, there is no web browser available to install on the device.