Firefox is an open-source web browser developed by Mozilla Corporation. It is a powerful browser with enhanced Tracking protection to protect from online trackers. It has a private browsing mode and automatically erases the search history. Firefox is available for free in the Roku Channel Store. You can stream videos on Roku from Firefox and make sure that your phone and Roku are connected to the same network. The videos must be in Roku’s supportable format. Roku supports MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV. Let’s see the steps to install Firefox on Roku.
How to Get Firefox on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to the TV HDMI port and start Roku.
2. Press the Home button on the remote and select Streaming Channels by scrolling down.
3. It opens Channel Store and scrolls down to select Search channels.
4. Enter Firefox using the remote on the virtual keyboard and search for the app.
5. Next, choose the Firefox app from the search result.
6. Click Add channel to download the app on Roku.
6. After downloading, select OK in the prompt.
7. Then, you can choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Firefox on your TV.
8. After that, you can browse the web on your TV using the Firefox browser.
How to Screen Mirror Firefox on Roku
Important Note: To start the screen mirroring process, you must have enabled the screen mirroring on Roku. And to do that, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Then, choose the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku device.
1. Install the Firefox Beta browser on your Android phone from the Google Play store.
2. Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Then, swipe on your Android smartphone’s screen from up to down to bring down the Notification Panel.
4. Tap on the Cast icon from the Notification Panel.
5. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices section.
6. Now, launch the Firefox browser, and it will cast on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror Firefox on Roku from iOS Smartphone
Update your iOS Smartphone and follow the steps below to screen mirror Firefox to Roku. Also, don’t forget to connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
NOTE: Also, you need to turn on the AirPlay feature to screen mirror iOS devices to Roku. To do that, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay HomeKit. From the Apple AirPlay HomeKit Settings, turn on the AirPlay feature.
1. Install the Firefox app on your iOS Smartphone from the App Store.
2. Go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
3. Then, choose your Roku device that is displayed on-screen.
4. Now, launch the Firefox browser app.
5. Finally, the Firefox browser will be mirrored to your TV from iOS Smartphone.
How to Screen Mirror Firefox on Roku from a PC
The following are the steps to screen mirror the Firefox browser from your PC to your streaming device.
1. Firstly, connect your PC to Wi-Fi on the same network as your Roku TV.
2. Then, download and install the Firefox browser on your PC.
Download Link: Firefox for PC
3. After installing the Firefox browser on your PC, launch it.
4. Then, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously. Next, choose your Roku device.
5. Now, the Firefox browser will be mirrored to your TV.
Related: How to Access Chrome on Roku
How to Screen Mirror Firefox from Mac to Roku
Connect your Mac and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Go to the official website of Firefox and download the Firefox browser for Mac. Then, install it on your device.
2. Next, click on the AirPlay icon from the menu bar to the upper right corner of your screen.
3. From the AirPlay To section, choose your Roku device.
4. Then, you can launch the Firefox browser, and it will appear on your Roku TV.
You can add the Firefox app from the Roku channel store to use it.
You can use the screen mirroring option to set up Firefox on Roku with iPhone.