BBC iPlayer is a geo-restricted streaming service available only in the UK. The application lets you stream both live and on-demand BBC programs. Moreover, you can also stream blockbuster movies, documentaries, sports events, TV shows, and more. The application is completely free to use only in the UK. Since the BBC iPlayer channel is officially available on the Roku Channel Store, you can download and stream the content without any ease.
- Watch all the content with HD streaming quality by connecting Roku to the WiFi.
- You can stream on 5 devices at the same time.
- It has a save option to download the content for offline streaming.
- BBC iPlayer comes with Parental control to restrict and stream Kid friendly content.
- The channel comes with closed captioning support.
BBC iPlayer is completely free to stream the content by registering an account.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Roku
1. Launch the Roku device and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Choose Streaming Channels on the Home screen.
3. Click Search Channels and search for BBC iPlayer in Roku Channel Store.
4. Click Add Channel to install the app on your Roku.
5. Select Go to Channel to launch BBC IPlayer on your device.
How to Add BBC iPlayer from Roku Website
1. Visit the Roku website using any browser on your device and log in to your Roku account.
2. Enter BBC iPlayer in the search bar.
3. Click Add Channel to download the app from the Roku website.
4. The channel will appear on your Roku device within one day. You can also update the Roku device to get it immediately.
How to Activate BBC iPlayer on Roku
1. Launch the BBC iPlayer app and select Sign in to get Activation Code.
2. Go to the BBC iPlayer Activation Website on your Smartphone or PC.
3. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Sign in on your TV button.
4. Log in to your BBC iPlayer account to complete the activation.
5. Now, go to the BBC iPlayer on Roku to stream the content.
In addition to direct installation, you can also screen mirror the BBC iPlayer from Android devices.
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer on Roku from Android
Before proceeding further, you have to enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install BBC iPlayer on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the BBC iPlayer app and sign in to your account.
6. To stop the mirroring, click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel and tap the Disconnect button.
How to Fix BBC iPlayer Not Working on Roku
If the BBC iPlayer is not working on your Roku device or facing any problems, you can easily fix the issue with simple troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that your Roku device is getting a stable internet connection.
- Close the app on Roku and open it after a while.
- Reboot the Roku device.
- Sign out of the account and log in again. If needed, activate the app again to fix the issue.
- If you are using the older version of Roku, update the device to fix the compatibility issues.
- Remove the app on Roku and install it again to delete the cache files stored in the app.
- Erase the cache files on Roku and try again.
- As a last fix, contact customer support to get the apt fix.
No, you cannot stream BBC iPlayer outside the UK officially.