BBC iPlayer is a streaming app in which you can watch both live and on-demand BBC programs. It is available only in the United Kingdom. The most popular shows on BBC iPlayer are Top Gear, Life, Us, The Rape Game UK, Roadkill, Strictly Come Dancing, etc. BBC iPlayer is available for free in the Roku Channel Store. Let’s discuss the steps to watch BBC iPlayer on Roku.
Features of BBC iPlayer
- BBC iPlayer can stream live programs, movies, TV shows, Documentaries, News, Comedy, and sports events.
- It can also stream several live channels and organize the contents based on genres for easy browsing.
- The contents are available in HD streaming quality, and it has closed captioning for all the contents in the app.
- The TV guide has the complete schedule of live shows, and you can change the location to see the schedule for the respective location.
- It can restart the live streaming in the case late to the live, and it can also resume the stream on another device with sign in.
- BBC iPlayer has a download option to save the contents and watch it offline later. It has favorites to add all favorite shows.
Pricing of BBC iPlayer
You don’t have to pay for a subscription to access the BCC iPlayer. But the only requirement is that you have to reside in the United Kingdom to access it. Hence, you can create a free account on BBC iPlayer to access all the BBC network’s channels.
How to Add BBC iPlayer on Roku
1. Setup Roku device on your TV and turn it on.
2. Press the Home button on the remote. Scroll down and click Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
3. Select Search Channels by scrolling down in the channel store.
4. Type BBC iPlayer using remote and select it from the options.
5. Select Add Channel to install BBC iPlayer and click OK in the prompt.
Steps to Activate BBC iPlayer on Roku
1. Go to the Roku Home screen and search for BBC iPlayer in the channel lineup.
2. Click the app to launch BBC iPlayer on Roku and select Sign In.
3. Visit BBC site to activate the BBC iPlayer app. Click Sign In.
4. Enter the Username, Password of the BBC Account and click Sign In.
5. An activation code will appear on the Roku screen. Note the code and type the activation code on the site.
6. Select Sign in on your TV to activate BBC iPlayer and Click Continue in the BBC iPlayer app.
7. Browse through categories and start streaming your favorite content.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer to Roku
By turning on the Screen Mirroring on Roku, you can screen mirror the BBC iPlayer app from an Android or iOS Smartphone.
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer from Android Smartphone
1. From the Google Play Store, install the BBC iPlayer app.
2. Next, ensure that you have connected your Android Smartphone to the same Wi-fi network as Roku.
3. After that, launch the BBC iPlayer app and sign in to your account.
4. Swipe down the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Now, your Android Smartphone scans for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
6. Go back to the BBC iPlayer app and mirror its content to your streaming device.
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer from iOS Smartphone
First, make sure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku device and follow the steps below.
1. Go to the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Search and install the BBC iPlayer app.
3. Swipe your iOS Smartphone’s screen from up to down to bring the Control Center.
4. Now, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Center and choose your Roku device.
5. Launch the BBC iPlayer app and sign in to your account.
6. Choose your favorite content and mirror it to your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer from PC
Connect your PC and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below:
1. On your PC browser, visit the official website of BBC iPlayer.
2. Next, click on the Sign in button and enter your credentials to sign in to your account.
3. After that, browse or choose any of your favorite content and play it.
4. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard and choose your Roku device.
5. Return to the BBC iPlayer website and mirror its content to your Roku devcie-connected TV.
No, the BBC iPlayer is unavailable for Roku in the USA.
You can just create a free account and access the content offered by the BBC iPlayer for free.