Audible is an online streaming platform for audiobooks and podcasts. The Amazon Company owns Audible, and the audio format of Audible is AA/AAX with DRM (Digital Rights Management). Unfortunately, Roku does not have Audible in its Channel Store, and it does not support AA/AAX audio format. Therefore, it would help if you had to download the Audible audiobooks and convert them to Roku-supported formats for streaming them on Roku.
Listening to Audiobooks is a new form of reading. You can listen to them while commuting to work, waiting in the traffic, walking in the park, cooking, and doing lots more activities. It helps in completing large volumes of books efficiently. It also has Audible Originals for its own house-produced documentaries, sleep programs, etc. Let’s discuss how to stream Audible on Roku.
Pricing of Audible
Audible has two paid subscription plans, Plus and Premium Plus. The Plus costs $7.95 per month, and the Premium Plus costs $14.95 per month. The annual Premium Plus subscription costs $149.50. It has 30 day free trial in all the plans. You can cancel the subscription at any time you wish.
How to Stream Audible on Roku?
Since the Audible app is unavailable in the Channel Store, you can use the screen mirroring feature available on your Roku TV to mirror the Audible app from an Android or iOS Smartphone.
Important Note: To begin the screen Mirroring process, go to Settings > System > Screen mirroring > Screen mirroring mode > Prompt or Allways Allow option. After completing these steps, screen mirroring will be enabled on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Audible from Android Smartphone
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Then, search and install the Audible app.
3. Next, swipe your Android smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
4. Now, tap on Cast from the Notification Panel and choose your Roku device.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your Roku device won’t appear if you don’t have connected your Roku device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
5. Launch the Audible app and sign in to your account.
6. Choose and play any song you want and listen to it on your Roku TV.
Related: How to stream Amazon Music on Roku
Screen Mirror Audible to Roku from iOS Smartphone
1. Initially, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Audible app from the App Store.
3. Now, launch the Audible app and sign in to your account.
4. Search and play any of your favorite music.
5. Bring down the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
6. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
7. Finally, your favorite songs from Audible will mirror to your TV.
Screen Mirror Audible to Roku from PC
1. Open any web browser on your PC.
2. Then, visit the official website of Audible.
3. Log in to your subscription account and search for any songs you want.
4. Don’t forget to connect your PC with the Wi-Fi network as same as the Roku.
5. Next, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard.
6. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
At last, your favorite songs from Audible will mirror to your TV.
Related: How to get Spotify Music on Roku
Alternative Method – Listen to Audible Songs on Roku Via USB
You can also listen to the Audible songs by inserting the USB Drive on your Roku TV. To do that, there is an important process that you need to follow. And the below steps will help you through the same.
1. Download the required Audible audiobooks on your PC.
2. Download and install an Audible Converter to change the format.
3. Launch the converter and upload the audiobooks in the converter.
4. Choose the Output audio format as Roku compatible formats like AAC, MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc.
5. Click Convert to change the audio format of audiobooks.
Stream Audible on Roku
1. Copy the converted audiobooks to the USB pen drive.
2. Connect the pen drive to the USB port of Roku and launch Roku.
3. Select the Roku Media Player. If it is unavailable, go to Channel Store and select add channel to get Roku Media Player.
4. Click the USB icon in the Roku Media Player and search for Audible audiobooks.
5. Select the audiobook to stream it on Roku.
Try it out! You can also stream converted audiobooks on Roku through the Roku app on the smartphone. You need to select Play on Roku in the Roku app to stream audiobooks.
Related: How to Turn Off Voice on Roku
Therefore, the above steps will guide you in streaming Audible audiobooks on Roku. Audible is one of the largest audiobook producers in the world. While looking for the converter, check for the AA/AAX converter. The converter has to change the audio formats as well as remove the DRM protection.
No, the Audible app is unavailable on the Channel Store.
Double-check if the mirroring device and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and try the screen mirroring process once again.