Twitter is a widely used social media app with a vast user base. You can tweet, retweet, like, and comment on this platform. In addition, you can post photos, videos, and GIFs on Twitter. It is available on most platforms like Android, iPhone, and PCs. However, this application is not available officially on streaming platforms like Roku, Firestick, and Chromecast. But you can still use it on Roku using the screen mirroring method. If you are a Roku user, then here are the ways to view Twitter on Roku.
How to Get Twitter on Roku
As mentioned earlier, the Twitter app is not available on Roku. You can use the screen mirroring method to get the content on the TV. Here are the two ways to get the Twitter application on your Roku. Before proceeding, make sure to enable screen mirroring on your Roku.
- On the Home page of Roku, open Settings to select System Settings.
- Under System Settings, choose the Screen Mirroring option.
- Enable the Screen Mirroring option and choose the option as either Prompt or Always Allow.
How to Screen Mirror Twitter on Roku using Android Smartphone
Connect your Roku and Android Smartphone to the same wifi network.
1. On your Android, go to the Google Play Store and type Twitter in the search bar.
2. Select it when suggestions appear. Select the Install option.
3. Once it is installed, select Open to launch the app.
4. Then, navigate to the Notification Panel by swiping your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down.
5. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Then, go to the Twitter app and mirror it to your Roku TV.
Related: How to Access Pinterest on Roku
How to Get Twitter on Roku using iOS
1. Go to App Store on your iOS.
2. Use the screen keys to search for the Twitter app.
3. Tap on the Get button to download and install Twitter from the App Store.
4. Open the app once it is installed.
5. Again, go back to App Store and type Streamer for Roku.
6. Click on Install on your device.
7. Once Twitter gets installed, open the app on your device.
8. Select the Roku device from the list and connect.
9. You can also install the Streamer Channel on the Roku device manually.
10. After adding the Streamer channel, open it to establish a connection.
11. Click on the Screen Mirror on your iOS device.
12. This will take immediate action to install the mirror from App Store on your iOS device.
13. Install the app and click the Tap to Start Mirroring icon.
14. Click on Start Broadcast.
15. Now, Twitter can be viewed on the Roku screen.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Twitter from iOS Smartphone
On your Roku device, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Then, from the Apple AirPlay HomeKit and Settings, turn on the AirPlay feature. Then, you can follow the steps to mirror the Twitter app to your streaming device.
1. Open the Twitter app on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the Wi-Fi network.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, launch the Twitter app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, the Twitter app will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Related: How to Install Hoopla on Roku Devices
How to Get Twitter on Roku from a PC
Connect your PC to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Open any web browser on your PC.
2. Visit the official website of Twitter.
3. Then, log in to your account.
4. After that, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
5. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
6. Finally, the Twitter platform will be mirrored on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Twitter app is unavailable in the Channel Store.
Yes, you can screen mirror the Twitter app from the Android or iOS Smartphone to your streaming device.