Pop TV or Pop is a pay television channel available nationwide in America. It was launched in 1981, and its headquarters is in New York City, United States. It is owned by MTV Entertainment Group, which comes under ViacomCBS Domestic Networks Division. The Pop TV channel is a general entertainment channel, but it focuses more on programs related to popular culture. In 1981, Pop TV was named Electronic Program Guide, and later in September 2014, it was rebranded as Pop TV. You can access Pop TV on Roku, and this article will help you install the same in brief.
Popular Shows on Pop Now
- Schitt’s Creek
- Hot Date
- NCIS: New Orleans
- Rock the Boat
Guide to Download Pop TV on Roku
(1) Launch your Roku device and press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Choose Streaming Channels and select Search Channels.
(3) Enter Pop Now on the search bar and choose the Pop Now channel from the search results.
(4) Select Add Channel and click OK to confirm whether to add Pop Now channel on Roku.
(5) Allow the installation of the Pop TV app to complete on your device.
Guide to Activate Pop TV on Roku
(1) Launch the Pop Now channel on your Roku and select Settings.
(2) Select Activate to get the Activation code on your screen. Note the code as displayed.
(3) From any other device, use your browser to visit https://www.poptv.com/activate.
(4) Enter the Activation Code in the given field and click on Activate to activate Pop TV on your device.
(5) Reload Pop Now on your Roku device and sign in with your TV provider account.
(6) You can now watch Pop TV shows and movies on your device.
Related: How to Watch Chiller on Roku TV-Connected TV
Alternate Method – Get Pop TV on Roku using Web Browser
(1) Turn on your PC and select your browser.
(2) On the address bar, enter Roku Channel Store and press Enter.
(3) Choose Roku Channel Store Official Website and click on Sign in.
(4) Enter your Roku account details and select Submit.
(5) Once you have signed in to your Roku account, enter Pop Now in the Search channels bar.
(6) Choose Pop Now from the available results and select the Add Channel button to add Pop Now to your Roku device.
You can now stream Pop TV live shows on Roku. These are the methods by which you can install the Pop channel on Roku. The programs available on Pop TV are original scripted series and reality series, bought and co-produced series internationally, and shows from CBS Media Ventures. Hope you like this article, and please leave your thoughts in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
(1) Is Pop TV free?
You can watch Pop Now for free on live TV streaming services like Hulu, fuboTV, and YouTube TV on Roku.
(2) Is Pop TV available on Roku?
Yes, it is now available on Roku under the name Pop Now, and you need your TV provider account to watch it.
(3) Are Pop Now and Pop TV the same?
Yes, Pop Now is the name of Pop TV in streaming devices and streaming services.