Peacock TV is a subscription-based streaming service that will provide you full episodes of exclusive originals. This is from NBC universal and provides all your favorites from the Peacock library, which offers on-demand series and shows, and can also access hundreds of popular Hollywood movies from renowned studios. Unfortunately, we might experience situations where the Peacock TV is not working while streaming on a Roku device. However, it can be due to various reasons. So, we should check on all possible factors as it would help us fix the issue ourselves.
Methods to Troubleshoot Peacock TV Not Working Issue
Are you facing the Peacock TV not working on your Roku? This is because of various reasons like network issues, drive or app cache, or other issues. To fix these issues, follow the methods to help sort them out.
- Check the internet connection
- Power reset
- Restart the Roku device
- Reset the Router or modem
- Remove and install the app
- Clear cache and clear data
- Update the app
- Update your device
Check the Internet Connection
Most of the time, this issue occurs due to network issues. Whenever you are using a Roku device, ensure to have a stronger and more stable network connection. While using the Peacock TV on Roku, you need a minimum of 7mbps as it is limited to HD streaming only. Check for the network speed, and if there is an issue, check with the service providers to fix the issue.
Power Reset Roku
Power reset Roku device would eliminate all the temporary internal glitches that occur due to the running apps,
1. First, unplug the Roku device from the power socket.
2. Remove all the other cords on the Roku device as well.
3. After Unplugging the connection, wait for 60 seconds.
4. Then, plug into the power socket and connect all the cables to your Roku device.
5. Once the device gets restarted, check whether the issue has been fixed.
Restart the Roku Device
The best way to fix the issue is to restart the Roku device. Restarting helps you to fix the issues that occur on your Roku device.
1. From the Home screen, move to the Settings option.
2. Then, select the System option from the menu.
3. Now, choose the System restart option given.
4. Finally, your Roku device will restart, eliminating temporary errors.
Now, check if the Peacock TV on your Roku device is working fine.
Reset the Router or Modem
Resetting the router or modem will help you to fix the Peacock from not working.
1. Unplug the power cable from the router.
2. Then, wait for 60 seconds.
3. Now, plug the router power cable into the wall socket.
4. Turn on your router and connect the Roku device to the WiFi.
5. Open the Peacock TV and check whether the issue has been fixed.
Clear Cache and Clear Data
In this method, clearing the cache and temporary data on Roku improves the device’s performance, and this is otherwise known as a soft reset.
1. Press the Home button five times on your Roku remote.
2. And click the Up arrow button once.
3. Tap the Rewind button twice on your Roku remote.
4. Now, press the Fast Forward button.
5. By doing so, the device cache is cleared, and you can check if the Peacock TV is functioning normally on your device.
Update the Peacock App
Ensure that the Peacock app is up-to-date. It is common for the application to experience issues, and the developers would rectify them instantly.
1. Move to the play store and search for the Peacock app.
2. From the search result, select the Peacock app.
3. Click on the update option below the app icon.
Once the Peacock TV is updated, try streaming it on your Roku device to see if it works normally.
Update Roku Device
Updating the Roku device helps you to fix glitches due to other apps running in the background. This update brings new features to the devices as well. Whenever your device has an update, the device notifies you or updates automatically when connected to stable WiFi. You can select and proceed with the update for your device. Once the update is done, check whether the issue has been fixed.
1. Press the Home button on your Remote.
2. Scroll down and select the Settings option.
3. From the menu, choose the System tab.
4. Now, click on System update on your device.
Uninstall & Re-install Peacock App
If none of the methods worked for you, the last option would be to uninstall and re-install the Peacock app.
1. Move to your home screen and select the Peacock app.
2. Uninstall the app from your device.
3. Open the play store and search for the Peacock app.
4. Download and install the app on your device.
5. Open the app and stream the content you need.
If the issue is hard to diagnose, you can always contact Peacock TV customer support to fix the issue. But, always check with the Downdetector if there is any issue with the server. If that’s the case, you might have to wait until the service provider fixes the problem.
Yes, the old Roku can also be updated manually from the settings menu.