Are you wondering how to connect external speakers to Roku TV? Then, you are here at the right place. To connect your external speaker or Soundbar to your Roku TV, you can make use of an HDMI cable or optical cable. Before getting started to connect with your external speaker, you need to know about a few things. For instance, you need to make use of available ports and cables to get the devices connected. And once you connect the external speakers, you can then add your favorite channels to Roku and stream them to enjoy the audio quality.
How to Connect External Speakers to Roku TV
Let’s discuss different methods to connect an external speaker to Roku TV.
Using HDMI Output
If you own an external speaker with an HDMI output, you can use an HDMI cable to make the connection successful. However, most external speakers are not compatible with an HDMI connection. To establish a connection, you need to connect one end of the cable to the TV and the end to your Roku TV. Once you properly connect your speaker, you can get the best audio quality on the speaker. Finally, turn on your speaker and adjust the volume with the buttons on your device.
Using Headphone Jack
You can connect your headphone to your Roku device in case you don’t have an external speaker. It is also helpful if your speakers don’t support HDMI cables but can be connected to a headphone jack.
- Find the headphone jack on the back or side of your Roku TV.
2. Connect your headphone or external speaker to this headphone jack on your device.
NOTE: Ensure that you have a lengthy aux cable if you want to connect your headphone to the headphone jack on Roku TV.
3. To adjust the volume on your device, you can use the remote control.
Alternatively, you can adjust the volume on Roku TV from Settings > System > Sound > Volume level. To adjust the audio output settings on Roku, open Settings > System > Sound > Audio Output and select the desired setting.
If you have Bluetooth headphones, you can connect them to your TV easily. Follow these instructions to connect your external speaker via Bluetooth to your Roku TV.
- Initially, open the Settings menu on your Roku TV.
2. From the Settings menu, select the System option.
3. Next, select the Audio option.
4. From the Bluetooth Audio section, turn on the feature using the toggle near the Enabled option.
5. Soon, your Roku TV will search for your speaker.
6. Choose your Bluetooth speaker and complete the connection using the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: Make sure you have turned on your Bluetooth speaker. Otherwise, your Bluetooth device won’t appear on-screen on your Roku TV.
7. Then, you can play any local channels on Roku to test the audio quality.
Using Digital Audio Output
You can make a connection using Digital Audio or Digital Output on your TV. This output is also denoted by S/PDIF or optical. You can use an optical cable called a TOSLINK cable to make a connection.
Using HDMI ARC/ HDMI eARC
The HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel), or simply ARC, is one of the ports alongside HDMI ports on your Roku device. Some of the Roku TV models have an HDMI eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) port in them. This port is denoted as HDMI eARC or eARC. However, you need a High-Speed HDMI Cable with support for Ethernet to connect with this port.
You can enable ARC or eARC as follows.
- Initially, press the Home button on your remote.
2. Open the Settings menu on your Roku device.
3. Select the System option and then the Control other devices (CEC) option.
4. Finally, select the ARC or eARC option to enable the same.
5. Then, connect your External speaker to the eARC port of your Roku TV.
6. Finally, you can stream your favorites to get better audio quality.
How to Connect External Speakers to TCL Roku TV
You can connect your soundbar to your TCL Roku TV using an HDMI cable easily. Roku TVs from TCL always come with an HDMI cable. When you connect your speaker using an HDMI cable, you can get high-definition audio format like Dolby Atmos.
If you make sure that all the connections are properly made, you can test the sound. You can connect your Soundbar as follows.
- Initially, connect the Soundbar to your TCL Roku TV.
2. Turn on both your Roku Soundbar and the TCL Roku TV.
3. Open the Settings menu on your Roku TV and select the Control Other Devices option.
4. Next, select the Search for CEC devices option.
5. Select your external speaker from the available devices list and press the OK button on your remote.
6. Finally, you have connected the external speaker to your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can connect a speaker to Roku using HDMI Output, Bluetooth, Digital Audio Output, and HDMI ARC/ HDMI eARC.
You can connect external speakers to your Roku device with different methods, including HDMI Output, Bluetooth, Digital Audio Output, and HDMI ARC/ HDMI eARC.
You can easily connect your TCL TV with external speakers, HDMI cables, AV adapter, and optical cable.