Everyone does not like to stream horror and thriller movies in a family. Shudder is a subscription-based streaming platform specially designed to stream horror, thriller, and supernatural movies and TV shows. If you are no longer using the Shudder app on Roku, you can cancel the subscription to stop paying for the service. Ensure to cancel the service before 24 hours of the next billing date. Rember that uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription.
You can subscribe to Shudder either with the monthly or yearly plan. The subscription amount may vary according to the period.
- Monthly Membership: $5.99 per month
- Annual Membership: $56.99 per year or $4.75 per month
How to Cancel Shudder on Roku
(1) Turn on your Roku-connected TV and connect it to a strong internet connection.
(2) Go to the Apps section by pressing the Right Arrow on the Roku remote.
(3) Locate and highlight the Shudder app from the list of apps available on Roku.
(4) Now, press the Asterisk (*) button on the Roku remote and choose Manage Subscription from the popup.
(5) Click Cancel Subscription on the next page.
(6) Select Yes, Cancel Subscription again to confirm the cancelation.
(7) Finally, click Done to complete the process.
(8) Now, you have canceled your Shudder subscription successfully.
How to Cancel Shudder on Roku Website
(1) Launch the browser on your device and visit the Roku website.
(2) Sign in to your Roku account and select Manage your subscriptions under Manage Account.
(3) Click Manage Subscription near the Shudder app on the next page.
(4) Check the Turn off auto-renew box and hit Confirm Changes.
(5) Select Continue from the popup menu to cancel the Shudder subscription on the Roku website.
Alternative Method to Cancel Shudder Subscription
If you have purchased the Shudder subscription directly from the official website, you can cancel the service by visiting the official website.
(1) Visit the Shudder website from the browser on your device.
(2) Log in to your account and click My Account from the top right corner.
(3) Scroll down to the Account Information and tap Cancel Subscription.
(4) Click I want to cancel on the next page.
(5) Select the reason for canceling and click Cancel My Membership.
(6) Finally, hit No thanks, finish my cancellation to cancel the subscription.
(7) Now, you have canceled your subscription successfully. You can still access the account until the current billing cycle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cancel your Shudder free trial at any time.
If you have purchased the Shudder subscription on Amazon Prime, you can cancel it from the Amazon website.
1. Log in to your Prime account and select Memberships and Subscriptions.
2. Prime Video Channels on the next page.
3. Click on Cancel Channel near Shudder.
4. Finally, hit Turn off auto-renewal to cancel your subscription on Shudder.