Google Play Movies is an online streaming app for on-demand content. It is a purchase or rental service to let enjoy streaming movies, series, and TV shows. Play Movies is compatible with Android, iOS, Roku, Chromecast, etc. It offers trailers, teasers of films, and series. You can even access those behind the scenes and bloopers for free. Roku has the Google Play Movies app for free in its Channel Store. Let’s discuss how to add and watch Google Play Movies on Roku.
- Google Play Movies features a massive collection of movies, series, and TV shows in the content library.
- The contents are well organized into categories like Most Popular TV, New Releases, Family Favorites, New and Notable TV, and many more.
- It has an Advanced Search option to navigate to the desired content easily with keywords. Google Play Movies has a download option for offline streaming.
- It offers content in SD and HD streaming quality. Selective contents are available in 4K Ultra HDR streaming.
- Google Play Movies also has Free TV in which you can access random programs, movies, and limited series. It also has a pre-order option and brings you the content automatically at the time of release.
Pricing of Google Play Movies
Google Play Movies do not have a subscription model. Instead, it offers content for rent or purchase. It has a time period for both rental and purchase.
|Rent/ Purchase||Pricing of SD (Minimum)||Pricing of HD (Minimum)|
|Rent of Movies||$3.99||$4.99|
|Rent of Series / TV shows||$1.99 / episode||$2.99 /episode|
|Purchase of Movies||$14.99||$19.99|
|Purchase of Series / TV shows||$18.99 / full season||$24.99 / full season|
Steps to Add Google Play Movies on Roku
 Turn on Roku and Press the Home button on the remote.
 Scroll down and select the Streaming Channels from the list of menus.
 When the Channel Store opens up, select Search Channels by navigating down.
 Hover over the on-screen keys to type as Google Play Movies using the remote, and choose it from the search result.
 Select Add Channel to get the app on Roku and click OK when a prompt appears.
Related: How to Get Google Apps on Roku
Steps to Activate Google Play Movies on Roku
 To launch the Google Play Movies app on Roku, select Go to Channel.
 Choose Sign In, and an Activation code appears on the screen.
 Using a Smartphone or PC browser, visit the following site (accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/device/usercode?)
 Enter the Activation code and click Next. Set the PIN for accessing Google Play Movies.
 This will activate the app on Roku, and you can start streaming the content in Google Play Movies.
Google Play Movies is the best and cheapest streaming service to replace the cord-cutters. The biggest advantage is you don’t have to deal with a monthly subscription. Rather you pay for the content you watch. New releases will be available for purchase at first and then will be available for rental. If you find any difficulties in watching Google Play Movies on Roku, please do let us know in the comments.
1. What is Google Play Movies?
Google Play Movies is an OTT streaming app for on-demand content. You can purchase or rent movies and series in this app.
2. Can I watch Google Play Movies on Roku?
You can watch Google Play Movies on Roku by installing it from the channel store. It covers movies, TV shows, iconic classics, and more from different genres.
3. What is the cost of Google Play Movies?
Google Play Movies does not have a monthly or yearly subscription, and it offers content for purchase or rental. You can go through the pricing details at the top.
4. Does Google Play Movies have an expiration?
Google Play Movies offer rental movies for 30 days to watch, and once it is started, you have got 48 hours to finish the content.