Freeview is a platform that has 40000+ on-demand content and top TV channels from the UK. You can browse for your favorites from popular channels like BBC iPlayer, iTV Hub, All 5, UKTV, and more. This platform also offers a TV guide that allows you to keep track of your favorite shows. Unfortunately, the Freeview app is not on the Roku Channel Store. But you don’t have to worry, as you can mirror the Freeview app to Roku from your Android or iOS devices.
How to Access Freeview on Roku
You can screen mirror the Freeview app to Roku using the devices mentioned below:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
Screen Mirror Freeview on Roku from Android Devices
Make sure to enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. First, turn on your Android device and move to the Google Play Store.
2. Search for the Freeview app and select it from the search result.
3. Tap on the Install button to download and install the Freeview app.
Freeview app for Android Devices – Google Play Store
4. Next, connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
5. Swipe down the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon from it.
6. You can now see a list of available devices on the screen. From there, select your Roku device.
7. After this process, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
8. Launch the Freeview app and sign in to your account.
9. Play your favorites and mirror them to Roku.
Screen Mirror Freeview to Roku from iOS Devices
Enable the AirPlay feature on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the Freeview app on your iOS device.
Freeview app for iOS device: App Store
2. Once installed, launch the Freeview app and sign in to your account.
3. Then, connect your iOS device to the same wifi network as Roku.
4. Now, bring down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. From the list of devices that appears on the screen, select your Roku device.
6. Your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Return to the Freeview app and play any content to mirror them to Roku.
Crackle is one of the best alternatives for Freeview.
Yes, you can stream the content from Freeview in Australia.