Although Facetime is only available for Apple devices, some Roku users are looking to get this app on their devices. But, you can’t find the FaceTime app on the Roku Channel Store. Instead of installing the app, you need to screen mirror/AirPlay the Facetime app from your Apple device.
Video calling service has become an integral part of our daily lives to establish a face-to-face connection with our relatives and friends. With Facetime, you can make a seamless connection with friends over video calls. It has features like Mic modes that help you with noise cancellation and portrait mode that helps you with blurring your background.
Let me show the exact demonstration for the screen mirroring method using Apple devices to stream Facetime video calls on Roku.
- You should be aware of the supported devices for the Facetime app.
- iOS/iPadOS devices – iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad 2 or later, and iPad Mini.
- macOS devices – You can find the Facetime app on macOS X 10.9.2 or later.
- Make ensure that you have enabled the AirPlay option on Roku before getting into the screen mirroring instructions.
Screen Mirror Facetime on Roku from iPhone/iPad Devices
1. Make sure to connect your iPhone/iPad device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Go to the App Store and install the Facetime app.
3. Move to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon from it.
4. Now, your iOS device will scan for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
5. After that, open the Facetime app and sign in to your account.
6. Initiate a video call and mirror it to Roku.
Screen Mirror Facetime on Roku from Mac PC
Facetime app is a built-in app that is available for Mac PCs. So, you don’t have to follow the installation process to get the Facetime app.
1. Connect your Mac PC to the same wifi network as your Roku is connected.
2. Navigate to and click on the Control Center icon from the upper right corner.
3. Hit the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the list.
4. Now, launch the Facetime app and sign in to your account.
5. Make a video call and mirror it to the big screen.