DS Video is a reliable application to access video collections sorted by categories on your Synology DiskStation. But, unfortunately, Roku has already removed this app from their official Roku Channel Store. Though it is no longer available in the store, we still have some other dependable methods to access the DS Video app on your Roku device.
What are the Uses of DS Video on Roku
To access it, you must be a Synology DiskStation device user. This device is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device to connect to LAN to save files on your Synology Disk Station. You can simply provide your IP address in this app and stream the files available on DiskStation.
Before you screen share on your Roku device, you must check and enable some of the primary functions. Some of them are listed below.
- Ensure to enable the screen mirroring mode on the Roku device
- Followed by enabling the AirPlay on Roku to screen share the content from your iOS devices, including iPhones or iPad.
- Connect the iOS or Android and the Roku device under the same WiFi.
Methods to Screen Mirror DS Video on Roku
Though the DS Video app is no longer available on the Roku store, we still have an alternative way of screen mirroring the content on our Roku device using a smartphone, whether an Android or an iPhone device.
How to Screen Mirror DS Video on Roku Using Android
1. Now, turn on the Android device, and go to the Notification Panel.
2. In the panel, navigate and click on the Cast icon.
3. Your device will look for the nearby device from which you select the Roku device you wish to connect.
4. By doing so, your Android device’s screen will be visible on the Roku device.
5. Launch the DS Video app and sign in using the IP address, Username, and Password.
6. Finally, you can stream all the content from your DS Video on your TV using an Android device.
How to Screen Mirror DS Video on Roku Using iOS
1. Switch on your iOS device, and go to the Control Center tab.
2. Click on the Screen Mirroring icon, and choose the Roku device from the list of nearby devices.
3. Open the DS Video on your iOS device, and sign in using the IP address of your LAN connection.
4. Now, you can choose any content on your app and enjoy watching them on your Roku device.
First, install the app and sign in using the IP Address, User Name, and Password.