Disk Station video or DS Video is an app in which you can watch videos from the storage of your Disk Synology. It is a free app in the Roku Channel Store for download. You don’t need any additional remote controls and streaming boxes while you are using DS Video. However, you need to have a Synology NAS Server with the DS video app. On DS video, you can search for videos using keywords. Find these videos and play them on your device with subtitles. You can access videos from menu stores like DiskStation in the same place. In addition, you can add titles to your Favorites list and Watchlist and access them at your convenience. Now, in the following guide let us see how you can access the DS Video on Roku.
How to Get DS Video on Roku
To access DS video, you need to be a user of Synology Disk Station. This device is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device to connect to LAN and save files to the Synology Disk Station. Also, you need to enter the IP address on the app to access files from Disk Station.
How to Install DS Video on Roku Device
In the following section, you can find out three ways to install DS Video on your Roku Device.
Install DS video on Roku Using the Device
Follow these instructions to install DS Video from the Channel Store.
1. Turn on your TV and then connect the Roku device to it.
2. From the sidebar on your home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Select the Search Channels option and then search for the DS video app.
4. Pick up the app icon from the search results and install it on your device by clicking on Add Channel.
5. Click on OK as the app download is complete.
6. Launch the DS Video app by clicking on Go to Channel.
7. Log in to your account by entering your IP address, User Name, and Password.
8. Complete the log-in process and then stream videos from Synology Disk Station on your TV.
Related: How to get Plex on Roku
Install DS video on Roku Using the Roku Mobile App
Follow these instructions to add DS Video using the Roku mobile app.
2. Once you install the Roku Mobile app, launch it. Next, sign in to your Roku account.
3. Tap the Devices tab in the app and select your Roku device from the list.
4. Tap the Channels tab and then the Channel Store tab.
5. Search for DS Video and select the app icon from your screen.
6. To install DS video on your device, tap Add Channel.
7. Finally, you can access DS video on your device.
Install DS video on Roku Using Web Browser
You can install DS video on your device using a web browser as follows.
1. On your smartphone or PC, open any web browser of your choice.
2. Go to the official website of the Roku Channel Store and click on the Sign In option on your screen.
3. Click on Search Channels and search for DS Video.
4. Choose DS Video from the search results by clicking on the Details button.
5. Then, click on the Add Channel button to add the DS Video app to your TV.
Wait for the installation to finish, and then access DS Video on your TV.
Related: How to Access Dropbox on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the DS Video app is available for download in the Roku Channel Store.
First, install the app and then sign in to it with your IP Address, User Name, and Password