SonyLIV is a streaming platform that streams Indian TV shows, movies, originals, and more. Even you can stream live sports on the SonyLIV platform. Some of the live sports included in the SonyLIV platform are US Open, UEFA Champions League, ICC cricket matches, WWE, UFC, and more. To stream all of this content anytime, you need to install the SonyLIV app. In addition, there are three ways to get the SonyLIV app on Roku.
Note: SonyLIV is a subscription-based video streaming platform. So, if you don’t have a subscription, visit its official website to get one.
- SonyLIV offers thousands of on-demand movies, series, and TV shows.
- It has a separate sports section to watch cricket, football, wrestling, badminton, and other sports.
- This app has exclusive SonyLIV Originals of movies and series.
- You can stream the content on 2 devices at a time and create up to 5 profiles.
- It ensures to provide ad-free streaming without any interruption.
Is SonyLIV Available on Roku?
No, you can’t find the SonyLIV app on Roku. So, the only way to watch the SonyLIV on Roku is by screen mirroring the app from Android devices like smartphones or tablets and iOS devices like iPhones or iPads. Also, you must note that the SonyLiv app is serviceable only in the US. To access the SonyLIV app outside the US, you need to connect to a VPN.
Screen Mirror SonyLIV to Roku from Android Devices
Initially, enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. On your Android device, launch the Google Play Store.
2. Search for SonyLIV and select the app from the search results.
3. Click the Install button to install SonyLIV on your Android device.
SonyLIV Download Link: Google Play Store
4. After installation, launch the SonyLIV app and log in to your account.
5. Ensure to connect your Android device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
6. Swipe down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
7. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
8. After a successful connection, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku’s display.
9. Now, go back to the SonyLIV app and stream your favorites on the big screen
Screen Mirror SonyLIV to Roku from iOS Devices
First, you need to turn on the AirPlay feature on Roku to mirror your iOS devices.
1. Connect the Roku and iOS devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Search for the SonyLIV app and select it from the search results.
4. Tap on the Get button to install the SonyLIV app.
SonyLIV for iOS Devices: App Store
5. Once you install the SonyLIV app, launch it.
6. Enter your subscription credentials to log in to your account.
7. Now, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
8. Your iOS device will now scan for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
9. After a successful connection is established, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
10. Return to the SonyLIV app and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror SonyLIV on Roku from PC
Connect your PC to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku and proceed to screen mirroring.
1. On your PC, open any web browser.
2. Then, visit the official website of SonyLIV on your PC browser.
3. Next, sign in to your account.
4. Now, choose any TV series or movie and play it.
5. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
6. From the Connect window, choose your Roku device to connect.
7. Go back to the SonyLIV webpage and watch your favorites on TV.
Finally, you can enjoy streaming your favorite sports as well as Indian movies or TV shows on the big screen with Roku.
Tip: If you need an alternative to SonyLIV, ZEE5 is the best choice.