Roku devices come with a well-developed remote which has buttons to perform functions easily. You can pair the Roku remote to your TV with the help of a pairing button on it. You can see this button on the front of the remote or under the battery compartment. However, it might occur to you that the pairing button is absent on the remote or is simply not working. Then, you can’t pair the remote to your TV using the pairing button. Fortunately, it is possible to sync a Roku remote without a pairing button. Let’s check out the same in the following section.
How to Sync A Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
Remote models of Roku TV do not have the pairing button. Instead, they automatically pair with the remote. But in the latest models of Roku devices, you will find a pairing button on your remote. It will be a difficult pairing process when it comes to this case. So, if you want to pair your Roku remote without a Pairing button, you can continue reading this article.
How To Sync Roku TV Remote Without Pairing Button Using Smartphone
You already know that you can use your smartphone as a remote alternative for your Roku device. Additionally, you can use it to pair the Roku remote as well.
1. Initially, make sure that you have connected your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
3. Open the Roku app and select the Remote option.
4. Using the smartphone remote interface, open the Settings menu.
5. From the menu, choose the Remotes and Devices option.
6. Choose the Pair New Device option.
7. With that, the Roku device scans for and detects your remote.
How To Pair Roku Stick Remote Without Pairing Button Using Pair Remote Option
On certain Roku TV models, you can find navigational buttons on the TV. And you can use it to navigate the options on Roku TV without a remote. So, you can also use that feature to pair your Roku TV remote without the Pairing button.
1. From the home screen of your device, open the Settings menu.
2. From the menu, select Remotes and Devices and then select the Pair Remote option.
3. Make sure to insert the batteries on your remote.
4. Now, your Roku remote’s name will be available on the screen of your TV; select that.
Finally, your Roku remote will be paired to your Roku TV.
How to Pair Old Roku Remote
Your old Roku remote is known as an Infrared remote. There will be no pairing button on the Infrared Roku remote. So, there is no need to pair your Roku remote. You only have to point your Roku remote directly on your TV; then, you can easily control your Roku TV.
Can’t Pair Your Roku Remote: Try This Fixes
If the green light is blinking on your Roku remote frequently, you can’t pair your Roku remote. So, if you can’t pair your Roku remote, follow the steps below to fix it.
1. The very first thing that you should make sure of is that you don’t have drained batteries in your remote.
2. If you are using a smartphone app to pair a remote, check if you have connected both devices on the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Perform a power cycle on your Roku TV by unplugging it from the power source for a couple of minutes.
4. Make sure that your Roku remote is not overheating. If you feel that your Roku remote is overheating, remove the batteries and keep it untouched for 20 minutes. Finally, insert the batteries and try pairing them with your TV.
5. Check if you have paired the remote to a different Roku device.
If your Roku remote is still not working, you can check out other best Roku remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can reset your Roku remote by pressing the Reset button on it. If you can’t see the Reset button, remove the batteries of the remote for a couple of minutes and insert them back.
Roku TV remotes can pair with your TV automatically. At the same time, other models of remote have a pairing button behind it.
You can put your Roku device in pairing mode from Settings > Remotes & Devices > Pair Bluetooth Device.
If you have a replacement Roku remote, you can sync it by using the pairing button on it.