Cord-cutters have emerged in great numbers with the price hike of cable connections. Roku has been one of the simplest streaming media players. It lets its users stream and stay entertained at an affordable cost. You will find a decent array of channels on its official channel store. Besides streaming, it has come up with lots of customization options. For instance, you can change the language on Roku, add channels to favorites, etc. In the lineup, you can also change your device name. It is beneficial when you have more than one Roku device. Further, identifying the device will be easy when you happen to mirror your device. If you are new to Roku or looking for how to rename Roku, then this guides you.
How to Rename Roku?
There are two different ways in which you can change or rename your Roku. It includes using
- Roku Account
- Roku Mobile App
Rename Roku using Roku Account
Renaming your Roku device using your Roku account requires the login details. Make sure you have it handy or create one by visiting Roku official site.
Every Roku device comes with a serial number. To change its name, you need to be aware of the serial number. To find it,
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Click About. There you will find the serial number.
1. Open your desired browser on your phone or PC.
2. Visit the https://my.roku.com using the address bar.
3. Provide the Roku account credentials to log in to your account.
4. Hover to click on the avatar on the top-right and select My account.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the screen until you see My linked device.
6. You will find the list of Roku devices linked to your account.
7. Choose the device for which you want to change the name.
8. Use the Edit (pencil-like icon) to change the name.
9. When done, tap on Update.
Related: How to Add Favorite Channels to Roku?
Rename Roku using Roku App
You can also change your Roku device name using the Roku Mobile app on Android or iOS. Even if you don’t have one, get it from Play Store or App Store.
- Make sure you have linked your Roku device with Roku App.
- Connect your Roku and smartphone to the same WiFi.
1. Unlock your smartphone and navigate to the Apps section.
2. Look for the Roku Mobile app to click on it and launch it.
3. Select the Devices icon available at the bottom of the screen.
4. You will see the list of connected devices. Click on the Menu (three-dots) icon next to the device you want to change the name.
5. Tap on the Set Name and Location option.
6. Enter your Roku sign-in credentials if prompted.
7. Provide the name of your Roku device.
8. Press Save to apply the changes.
- Optionally, you can click on the Switch Roku Device link to choose a different Roku device and rename it.
That was all about changing the name of your Roku device. You may choose either of the ways whichever is convenient to rename your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I rename any model of Roku?
Yes. You can rename any of your Roku models. You shall follow the same procedure as given in this section.
Can I unlink my Roku from my Roku account?
Yes. You can unlink your Roku device from your Roku account by visiting its official website.
Can I rename multiple Roku devices?
Yes. You can change the name of all your Roku device provided you the Roku account details.