Roku is the ultimate destination to enjoy thousands of hours of entertainment. There may be times you need to know the MAC Address of your Roku TV. Media Access Control Address is abbreviated as MAC Address. It is helpful whenever any network issues occur and that need troubleshoot. MAC address is nothing but a unique identifier that is used for network communications. The procedure to find MAC Address on Roku is the same as finding the IP Address of Roku. If you want to know how to find MAC Address on Roku, it involves straightforward steps. The article has furnished the same in detail for better understanding.
How to Find MAC Address on Roku?
Follow the below steps clearly to learn about finding the MAC Address on your Roku using the Roku remote.
1. Plug your Roku device into the smart TV, and connect to the internet.
2. Hold the home button on your Roku remote to get its Homepage.
3. Navigate to select the Settings option from the main menu.
4. Choose the Network option from the list. In some Roku models, you need to pick the System option instead of Network.
5. Click the About button, and a menu will open on the right side of the screen with some information.
6. You will find the MAC Address, at last, named as Wireless MAC address. You can also know the Ethernet MAC address placed next to the Wireless MAC address.
Related: How to Turn On Roku TV without Remote
Bonus! MAC Address on Physical Device
If you wonder how to find MAC Address on Roku player via a physical device, continue reading the article. Sometimes, you can easily find the MAC address of your Roku in the physical device, which would be printed on the device’s bottom. But, some Roku models don’t have this factor.
What is IP address and MAC address?
Though the IP address and MAC address are unique identifiers, they have different characters and functions. MAC Address is the physicals address, whereas IP Address is a logical address.
What does MAC address look like?
The Media Access Control (MAC) Address is a physical address of your device that looks like 00-15-E9-2B-99-3C. Generally, the MAC address helps in identifying the network connection you have.
Does MAC address contain characters?
MAC address does contain characters that don’t look like the IP address. You will usually find the MAC address with six sets of two digits or characters, separated by colons.
Where is the MAC address on a Roku TV?
To find the MAC address of your Roku TV, check under the Settings section. The About option in the Network settings reveal the MAC address. It is also possible to know the MAC address at the bottom of your Roku physical device.