CTV Television network is an English language terrestrial Television Network. CTV is the official channel of the Coptic Orthodox church, which is running under the care and blessings of the supreme pontiff. It provides access for the subscribers of CTV channels to stream premium content from those channels and even CTV Throwback and CTV Movies at no additional cost. The CTV app is one of Canada’s leading and most-watched networks. You can add CTV on Roku from the Roku Channel Store. The same procedure is discussed in the section below.
Can you Get CTV on Roku?
Yes, you can get the services of CTV on Roku. As of April 6, 2022, the CTV channel is available on the Roku Channel Store. That means that the CTV channel is available to add on Roku. Also, you will get a detailed procedure on adding the CTV on Roku from the section below.
How to Get CTV on Roku
You can note the below steps to add CTV to your streaming device.
1. Connect your Roku device to the TV and turn it on.
2. Pair your Roku remote and press the Home button on it.
3. Select the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
4. When you get a list of options, select the Search Channel option and Enter CTV.
5. Select the CTV app from the search results and click on Add Channel option.
6. Click OK on the pop-up once the download is completed.
7. Select Go to Channel to launch the channel on your Roku TV.
After installing the app, you have to Activate it to stream on your TV.
Alternate Method – Add CTV on Roku from a Web Browser
You can follow the steps below to add the CTV channel from the web.
1. From a web browser, visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Select Sign in and enter your Roku Email and Password. Next, click on Submit to finish the sign-in process.
4. Click on the Search channel option and enter CTV. From the suggestion list, choose CTV.
5. Select Add Channel to add CTV to your streaming device.
6. Now, the CTV will be added to your Roku device once connected to an internet connection.
The final procedure is that you need to activate CTV to use it on your streaming device.
How to Activate CTV on Roku
1. Launch the app and note the Activation code that appears on the screen.
2. Open any browser on your Mobile or PC.
3. From the address bar, you shall visit ctv.ca/activate.
4. Enter the Activation Code that is shown on Roku and click Continue.
5. Sign in with your CTV user name and password.
6. After the activation, a confirmation pop-up on your TV appears.
Now you can start streaming CTV on Roku TV.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror CTV on Roku
The CTV app is available on Android and iOS smartphones. So, you can use the app to mirror it to your Roku device-connected TV. To do the same, the only thing you have to do is enable the screen mirroring on Roku. After that, you can follow the steps below to screen mirror the CTV app.
How to Screen Mirror CTV to Roku from Android Smartphone
Make sure you have connected your Roku device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Search and install the CTV app.
3. Once the CTV app is installed, launch the app and sign in to your account.
4. After that, swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down to bring down the Notification Panel.
5. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Next, go to the CTV app and choose any of your favorites to watch them on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror CTV to Roku from iOS Smartphone
With the latest update to Roku, you can easily get your iOS Smartphone mirrored to your Roku TV.
Note: Make sure that the AirPlay option is enabled on Roku. To do that, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay & HomeKit. From the Apple AirPlay & HomeKit Settings, choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
1. Open the App Store and install the CTV app.
2. Connect your iOS Smartphone to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku device.
3. Then, launch the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Next, select your Roku device that is displayed on the screen of your iOS Smartphone.
5. Open the CTV app and sign in with your account.
6. Finally, you can play any of your favorites from the CTV app to watch them on Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror CTV to Roku from PC
1. Open any web browser on your PC.
2. Input the URL https://www.ctv.ca/ (official website of CTV) in the URL field.
3. Click on the Sign In button from the upper right corner.
4. Input your credentials to sign in to your account.
5. After that, browse or choose any of your favorites and play it.
6. Then, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard and select your Roku device from the right pane.
Note: Your Roku device will appear once you connect your Roku TV and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
7. After that, the contents from the CTV will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can stream CTV as it is available in the Channel Store.
No, CTV is not free on Roku. You need a TV provider or satellite subscription to stream it on Roku.