Roku TV is one of the preferable Smart TV models available, and it runs on the Roku OS. You can find Roku TV models from TCL, Sharp, and Hisense with irreplaceable video and audio quality. To get the best picture quality on your Roku TV, you can adjust the settings, including brightness, color, sharpness, tint, and color temperature. Depending on what you are watching on your TV, you need to choose the suitable picture mode. It is easy to get the best picture settings for your Roku TV for a better visual experience.
How to Get Better Picture Quality on Roku TV
To get the best picture quality on your TV, you can set the most suitable picture mode in it. You can choose the picture mode for your TV based on the environment.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and pair your Roku remote with it.
2. Next, press the Star * button on your Roku remote when the playback begins and open the Options menu.
3. Select the Picture mode option.
4. You can change the picture mode on your TV with the navigational keys on your Roku remote.
What are the Available Picture Modes on Roku TV
To know the different picture modes on your Roku TV to stream SD, HD, and 4K, you can find them in the following section.
- Low Power: This is the power-saving mode on your Roku TV that comes enabled by default.
- Normal: You can enable the normal mode if you have placed your TV in a moderately bright room.
- Vivid: You can enable the Vivid mode on your TV if you have placed the TV in a bright-light room.
- Sports: You can enable the sports mode on your TV to get the best sports streaming experience.
- Movie: This is the mode that you should enable while you are watching your favorite movies and series.
- Game Mode: Enable the Game mode on your TV to get a real-time gaming experience.
If you are Streaming shows in HDR, you can enable HDR 10 and Dolby Vision.
- HDR10: If your TV supports HDR, you can enable Dark HDR (Balanced picture settings), Normal HDR (Brighter picture settings), or Bright HDR (Vivid picture settings) options.
- Dolby Vision: If your TV supports Dolby Vision, you can choose the Dark (Balanced picture settings), Normal (Brighter picture settings), or Bright (Vivid picture settings) option.
Advanced Picture Settings on Roku TV
On the same menu where you choose picture modes, you can select advanced picture settings on your TV. Following are the advanced picture settings options.
- Dynamic contrast: You can adjust the backlight level of the entire TV screen.
- Backlight: You can adjust the peak backlight level of your TV screen.
- Brightness: You can increase the brightness and the dark black sections on your screen.
- Contrast: You can adjust the white parts of your screen.
- Sharpness: You can adjust the sharpness of the image on your screen.
- Color: You can adjust the intensity of colors on your screen.
- Tint: You can adjust the skin tones to your satisfaction.
- Color Temperature: You can choose how the red and blue images appear.
Note: Once you change the picture settings, you can stream the best channels on Roku to watch your favorite entertainment movies or TV series with a better visual experience.
Does Roku Have Expert Picture Settings
If you are searching for the Expert Picture Settings or EPS on your Roku TV, then you are simply wasting your time with an unavailable option on the Roku TV. Expert Picture Settings is a unique feature specially designed to optimize it from the Roku mobile app. You can find EPS settings only from the Roku mobile app.
What are Expert Picture Settings in Roku
Expert Picture Settings is a smart picture setting specially designed to adjust AV enthusiasts and professional TV calibrators to provide fine-tuned picture quality. The settings are useful to the person who are familiar with advanced picture settings like color temperature, color management, gamma curve, white balance adjustment, and more.
How to Use Expert Picture Settings on Roku
You can use the Expert Picture Settings only on 4K UHD Roku TV models. Before enabling the EPS on your device, ensure to connect your mobile and Roku device to the same WiFi network.
How to Enable Expert Picture Settings on Roku
(1) Play any movie or TV show on your Roku device.
(2) Download the Roku App from the Play Store and App Store on your Smartphone.
(3) Launch The Roku App and click the Hamburger icon.
(3) Select Expert Picture Settings and modify the settings according to your wish.
Best Picture Settings for TCL Roku TV
To get the best picture settings on your TCL TV, you need to consider what you are watching on your TV. Also, you need to be careful when you position your TV so that you don’t have to look up or down at your TV screen. If you have a Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) 4K TCL TV, you can choose any picture mode that you like. In addition, you can find the Additional picture settings to adjust Dynamic contrast, Backlight, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature.
|Picture Settings||Optimal value|
Best Picture Settings for Hisense 4K Roku TV
To get the best picture on your Roku TV, disable the Enhanced viewing mode enabled on your TV. This will prevent your TV from altering the image settings automatically. Also, disable the Automatic Light Sensor in the Backlight menu of the Hisense TV. Also, you can find advanced settings to adjust the color temperature, digital noise reduction, and noise reduction. Also, you can enable Dolby Vision on your Hisense 4K TV.
|Picture Setting||Optimal Value|
Best Picture Settings for Sharp Roku TV
You can get the best picture quality on Sharp Roku TV with advanced picture settings. It helps you to provide the best output in the picture while streaming any video on your Sharp Roku TV. By customizing the picture settings on your TV, you can view the fine-tuning streaming experience.
|Picture Setting||Optimal Value|
Frequently Asked Questions
You can improve the picture quality using the advanced picture settings on the Roku device.
You can modify the contrast to 40, brightness to 50, color to 45, tint to 0, and sharpness to 0 to get the best picture settings in all Roku TVs.
You can enable Game Mode in the Picture modes for gaming. There is also a customization option available for settings the picture quality for gaming. You can change the resolution to 1080p at 120 fps.