Roku TV is one of the preferable Smart TV models available, and it runs on Roku operating system. You can find Roku TV models from TCL and Hisense with irreplaceable video and audio quality. To get the best picture quality on your TV, you can adjust the settings, including brightness, color, sharpness, tint, and color temperature. Depending on what you are watching on your TV, you need to choose the suitable picture mode. So, let’s discuss the best picture settings for your Roku TV to get a better visual experience.
How to Get Better Picture Quality on Roku TV
To get the picture quality on your TV, you can set the most suitable picture mode in it. You can choose the picture mode for your TV based on the environment. Follow these instructions to choose a picture mode.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and pair your Roku remote with it. Next, press the Star * button on your Roku remote when the playback begins.
2. Next, open the Options menu.
3. Navigate to and select the Picture mode option.
4. Using the left and right buttons on the directional pad on your Roku TV remote, change the picture mode.
What are the Available Picture Modes on Roku TV
To know the different picture modes on your Roku TV to stream SD, HD, and 4K, you can find them in the following section.
- Low Power: This is the power-saving mode on your Roku TV that comes enabled by default.
- Normal: If you have set your TV in a room that is moderately bright, you should enable the normal mode.
- Vivid: If you have your TV in a room with plenty of light, set the Vivid mode on your TV.
- Sports: You can enable this mode on your TV to get the best sports experience.
- Movie: This is the mode that you should enable while you are watching your favorite movies and series.
- Game Mode: If you are playing video games on your TV, enable the Game mode.
If you are Streaming shows in HDR, you can enable HDR 10 and Dolby Vision.
- HDR10: If your TV supports HDR, you can enable Dark HDR (Balanced picture settings), Normal HDR (Brighter picture settings), or Bright HDR (Vivid picture settings) option.
- Dolby Vision: If your TV supports Dolby Vision, you can choose the Dark (Balanced picture settings), Normal (Brighter picture settings), or Bright (Vivid picture settings) option.
Advanced Picture Settings on Roku TV
On the same menu where you choose picture modes, you can select advanced picture settings on your TV. Following are the advanced picture settings options.
- Dynamic contrast: You can adjust the backlight level of the entire TV screen.
- Backlight: You can adjust the peak backlight level of your TV screen.
- Brightness: You can increase the brightness and the dark black sections on your screen.
- Contrast: You can adjust the white parts of your screen.
- Sharpness: You can adjust the sharpness of the image on your screen.
- Color: You can adjust the intensity of colors on your screen.
- Tint: You can adjust the skin tones to your satisfaction.
- Color Temperature: You can choose how the red and blue images appear.
Note: Once you change the picture settings, you can use the best channels like the 123movies on Roku to watch your favorite entertainment movies or TV series with better visual experience.
Best Picture Settings for TCL Roku TV
To get the best picture settings on your TCL TV, you need to consider what you are watching on your TV. Also, you need to be careful when you position your TV so that you don’t have to look up or down on your TV screen. If you have a Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) 4K TCL TV, you can choose any picture mode that you like. In addition, you can find the Additional picture settings to adjust Dynamic contrast, Backlight, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Color, Tint, and Color Temperature.
|Picture Settings||Optimal value|
Best Picture Settings for Hisense 4K Roku TV
To get the best picture on your Roku TV, disable the Enhanced viewing mode enabled on your TV. This will prevent your TV from altering the image settings automatically. Also, disable the Automatic Light Sensor in the Backlight menu of the Hisense TV. Also, you can find advanced settings to adjust the color temperature, digital noise reduction, and noise reduction. Also, you can enable Dolby Vision on your Hisense 4K TV.
|Picture Setting||Optimal Value|
Frequently Asked Questions
You can improve the picture quality using the advanced picture settings on the Roku device.
To get the best picture on Roku by setting contrast to 40, brightness to 50, color to 45, tint to 0, and sharpness to 0.
To optimize the picture settings on your device, press the Star * button > Options > select Picture mode/Advanced Picture Settings.
If the picture on your Roku device is dark, you can adjust the brightness in it.