Apple TV is a streaming app that offers exclusive Apple Originals Shows and movies from Apple TV+. You can enjoy these contents on the big screens using the most amazing streaming device called Roku. You can subscribe to Apple TV and start watching your favorite shows on Roku connected TV. You can purchase the popular and new release movies including 4K HDR movies. Apple TV is one of the best apps for Roku streaming devices. Here is a guide to install and stream Apple TV on your Roku.
Highlights of Apple TV
Here are a few famous Apple TV contents:
Famous Contents on Apple TV
- The Morning Show
- For All Mankind
- The Elephant Queens
**There are plenty of other famous shows as well. Apple TV is releasing new movies, originals and series regularly and you can enjoy all these contents on the TV
A Few Channels available on Apple TV
Apart from contents, Apple TV has channels as well. You can rent the channels you want and start watching it ad-free without any username or password. The below are some of the few famous channels available on Apple TV.
How to Add Apple TV to Roku?
Follow the below tutorial to know how to install Apple TV on Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option in the homepage.
3. Scroll down and select the Search option.
4. Type Apple TV in the search bar and pick the app from the suggestions.
5. The Apple TV app page will appear. Hit the Add Channel and start installing.
6. After the installation process is over, click on the OK button.
How to access Apple TV on Roku?
1. Open the installed Apple TV on your Roku device from the home page or from the streaming channels section.
2. Login with your Apple TV credentials.
3. Start playing your favorite content on the Roku connected TV.
Note: You can access the contents on Roku only if you have a valid subscription.
Compatible Roku Devices
The following list is the device models that supports Apple TV.
- Roku TV: models 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X
- Roku Smart Soundbar: model 9101X
- Roku Smart Soundbar: model 9100X
- Roku Express: models 3900X, 3930X
- Roku Express+: models 3910X, 3931X
- Roku HD: model 3932X
- Roku Streaming Stick: model 3800X
- Roku Streaming Stick+: models 3810X, 3811X
- Roku Premiere: models 3920X, 4620X
- Roku Premiere+: models 3921X, 4630X
- Roku Ultra: models 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X
- Roku Ultra LT: model 4662X
- Roku 2: models 4205X, 4210X
- Roku 3: models 4200X, 4230X
How to find Whether Apple TV is Compatible with Roku?
- Navigate to the Setting option on the Roku Homepage.
- Select the System and then go to About.
- Look for the model name and number.
- If it is one of the above lists, then your device is compatible with Apple TV.
Related Guide: How to Screen Mirror on Roku?
Q1: Does Apple TV come with a subscription ?
Unlike Apple TV+, Apple TV does not need any subscription plans like other streaming apps. You can access the service with any previous plans of iTunes or Apple TV+.
Q2: Why doesn’t my Roku have Apple TV ?
Apple TV is compatible with certain models of the Roku device. If your device does not work with Apple TV, then you need to opt for the other compatible device.
Q3: Can you download Apple TV+ on Roku ?
Now, you can access the Apple TV+ content on the Apple TV app on the streaming device. This excellent feature was introduced last year.
Q4: How much does the Apple TV app cost ?
With the monthly subscription plan of $4.99 or with a seven day free-trial of Apple TV+, you can enjoy streaming the Apple TV contents.