Roku is a streaming device where you can stream streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Philo, and more. Roku comes with a streaming device and a Roku Remote. You can connect the device to your TV and control the device through the remote. You may face issues when your Roku remote does not follow your commands properly because it is slow to respond. To fix Roku remote slow-to-respond issue, you can use the methods available here.
Methods to Fix Roku Remote Slow to Respond
There are many different methods you can use to solve the slow response speed of your Roku remote. The methods are:
- Restart your Roku Remote and Roku Device
- Repair your Roku Remote with the Roku Device
- Change the Batteries on Your Roku Remote
- Upgrade Your Wireless Network
- Replace Your Roku Remote
Restart Your Roku Remote And Roku Device
You need to restart your Roku remote and your Roku device so that you can improve the response speed of your remote. To restart your Roku remote, you just need to open the battery area on the back of your remote and remove the batteries. To restart your Roku device, follow the steps below;
(1) Turn on your Roku device and select Settings on the home screen.
(2) Choose System and select Power.
(3) Select System Restart and click on Restart to restart your Roku device.
Once your Roku device restarts and the logo appears on the screen, reinsert the batteries on the remote. The response speed of your remote should have improved.
Re-Pair Your Roku Remote With The Roku Device
You can try re-pairing your Roku remote with the device.
(1) Unplug the power cable from the socket and wait for at least 5 seconds.
(2) Plug the power cable back into the socket.
(3) Remove the batteries from the remote and reinsert the batteries.
(4) If you’re using a rechargeable remote, hold the pairing button for at least 20 seconds.
(Note: The status light turns green, then stops and the light rapidly flashes again. It means your remote will restart and release the pairing button).
(5) Press the Pairing button on your remote for at least 3 seconds or until you see a light flashing on your remote.
(6) Your Roku remote and the Roku device will begin the pairing process. This process will take at least 30 seconds.
(7) When the pairing is done, the pairing dialog box will appear on the screen and your connection will be complete. Your Roku remote should be working much faster than before.
Change The Batteries on Your Roku Remote
Sometimes, it may be due to your batteries that your Roku remote response speed is slow. As you know Roku remotes run on batteries and if the battery is low it can cause the response speed to be slow. If you are using a rechargeable remote and you have not recharged your remote for a long time, it can also cause this issue. So, replace the batteries with a new one or recharge your remote.
Upgrade Your Wireless Network
Roku device works a lot better with a 5GHz wireless network than in any other network. So, if you are experiencing a slow response from your Roku remote, then try upgrading your wireless network to 5GHz. Your Roku remote will be working much faster than before.
Replace Your Roku Remote
If you are using the same Roku remote for a long time, it can cause a slow response speed. Because your Roku remote may be worn out due to repeated usage of the remote. So, replace the old remote with a new one. Connect the new Roku remote to your Roku device and the response speed will be a lot better.
Alternative Option – Replace Your Roku Remote With Roku Mobile App
After trying out all the above methods all the results are not satisfactory, then you can try using your Roku Mobile app as your remote. Roku has a mobile app that is available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store. You can download the app on your mobile and use it as a remote.
(1) Turn on your mobile phone and select the Play Store/App Store.
(2) Enter Roku Mobile App on the search bar.
(3) From the search results choose the official Roku mobile app called Roku- Official Remote Control.
(4) Click on Install to download and install the app on your mobile phone.
(5) Select Open to open the Roku mobile app.
(6) Make sure that both your Roku device and mobile phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(7) Select Devices on the home screen. Choose your Roku device from the list of available options.
(7) Once your Roku device is connected to the mobile app, select the Remote icon.
(8) You will see a remote-like screen appearing in front of you and use it to control your Roku device.
If there is a problem with the batteries or your Roku remote is worn out, it can cause your Roku remote to lag.
Replace your batteries, change your remote, upgrade your wireless network, restart your Roku remote and device, re-pair your Roku remote and device.
Yes, your Roku remote can go bad if there is a malfunctioning or leaking battery. It can cause your remote to overheat, and sometimes it can even cause damage or render your remote useless.