Roku is a digital streaming device for streaming content online from various sources. It has its own channel store to download the streaming app for free and paid. You can add a PIN to secure your account from making a purchase of apps or adding channels to Roku. Roku PIN is a four-digit code that secures your purchases and acts as parental control. You can also reset the PIN on Roku anytime by visiting the Roku website. Let’s discuss the steps to reset the PIN on Roku.
How to Reset PIN on Roku?
To reset your Roku PIN, you must have created one earlier. In case you haven’t created your Roku PIN, you can follow the steps below to create a new Roku PIN.
Create a Roku PIN
1. Visit the official website of Roku and sign in to your account.
2. Then, click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner.
3. Next, in the PIN preference section, select the Update button.
4. Enter the four-digit PIN of your choice and select the Always require a PIN to make purchases and add items from the Channel Store option.
5. Finally, click on the Save Changes button to create your Roku PIN.
Reset Roku PIN
1. Go to the Roku website using your PC or smartphone browser.
2. Select Sign In at the top left corner. The Sign In page will appear.
3. Type the Email and Password of your account and click Sign In.
4. Select the Profile icon and click on the My Account button.
5. Tap Update under PIN preference to reset the PIN.
6. Choose the PIN requirement for purchase alone or Purchase and adding of channels.
7. Enter a new four-digit PIN in the PIN box and Verify the PIN box.
8. Click Save Changes to update your new PIN.
You can reset the PIN on Roku with the above steps. However, Roku PIN provides only the assurance to the purchase of apps or adding channels, and it does not have any control over the type of content from the streaming app.
Related: How to Turn Off Voice on Roku?
Managing your Roku PIN
Roku PIN is only used for security features and mostly when adding or purchasing a channel from the Roku Channel Store. And the Roku offers a customizable three options in the case you can use the Roku PIN.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and add items from the Channel Store: You need to enter your Roku PIN while purchasing or adding a channel from the Roku Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases: You may only need to enter the Roku PIN when you are required to purchase a paid channel from the Roku Channel Store.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchases or add any items from the Channel Store: This option disables the use of the Roku PIN, and you can add or purchase a channel from the Roku Channel Store without a PIN.
Using Roku PIN for Parental Controls:
Roku PIN also comes into play in the use of the Parental Control feature. Also, you will have four options for controlling the usage of the Roku PIN in Parental Controls.
- Little Kids: With this option enabled, you can’t watch the Roku Channel that’s rated G, TV-Y, or TV-G without a PIN.
- Young Kids: The Roku Channels you can watch without a PIN by selecting this option are G, PG, TV-Y, TV-G, TV-Y7, and TV-PG.
- Teens: Selecting this option will help you to watch Roku Channels that are rated TV-14, PG-13, TV-PG, PG, TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G, and G without a Roku PIN.
- Off – With this option enabled, you will not be required to enter your Roku PIN to access any channels from the Roku Channel Store.
Yes, you can reset your Roku PIN.
You can visit the official website of Roku to reset your Roku PIN.