Udemy is the most powerful online educational platform which can be used to sharpen your knowledge. It offers 130,000+ courses that help you to enhance your skills. You can learn different courses from programming languages like Java, Python, etc., to self-development classes such as marketing, lifestyle, yoga, writing, etc. The service is available for access on the web as well as the official app. Even you can set up the Udemy platform on streaming devices like Roku to stream the educational content on the big screen.
Some of the useful features of Udemy are listed down:
- It provides over 2000 topics and so you can quickly discover your favorite area to learn.
- You can learn affordably, as it offers both free and paid courses.
- The teaching methods will be appreciable with 57,000+ expert instructors.
- The instructors of Udemy use more than 65 different languages.
- It allows you to download the courses to learn offline or listen only to the audio to learn the course.
How to Get Udemy on Roku?
Roku Channel Store doesn’t host the official app to Udemy. But you don’t have to worry about it as you can screen mirror the Udemy app from your Android or iOS devices.
Before screen mirroring the Udemy app to Roku, do the following:
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku: Go to Roku Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen mirroring mode > Prompt or Always Allow. This enables the screen mirroring feature on Roku.
Turn on AirPlay on Roku: Go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now find the AirPlay option and turn it on.
Screen Mirror Udemy on Roku using Android Devices
1. Download and install the Udemy app on your Android Device from the Google Play Store.
2. Ensure that you have connected your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. Next, pull down the Notification Panel on tap on the Cast icon.
4. After that, your Android device will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
5. Next, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Launch the Udemy app and sign in to your Roku account.
7. Now, play any videos from Udemy and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror Udemy to Roku from iOS Device
1. Connect the iOS device and Roku with the same wifi network.
2. Next, go to the App Store and install the Udemy app.
3. After installing the Udemy app, launch it.
4. Sign in with your Udemy account.
5. Swipe down the screen from up to down to bring the Control Center.
6. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Center.
7. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
8. Now, return to the Udemy app and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror Udemy on Roku using Windows PC
Connect your Window PC and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Launch any web browser on your PC.
2. Navigate to the official website of Udemy, https://www.udemy.com/, and log in with Udemy ID.
3. Now, click on the Action Center icon from the lower right corner.
4. Click on the Connect tile to bring the Connect window.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
6. Go back to the Udemy web page and choose any educational video you want.
Finally, you can enjoy watching your favorite educational content on the big screen.
If you want a relaxed learning style, Udemy is the better one. At the same time, Coursera is somewhat traditional with a scheduled timeline.
If you have already downloaded the educational course, you can access it for offline learning.