Are you searching for the world’s best weather forecasters? Absolutely, you can go with The Weather Channel. Since The Weather Channel is officially available on Roku, you can download the app directly from the Roku Channel Store to check the weather forecast on your TV. It allows you to access the service by logging in with your cable TV provider account. You can also get the weather prediction upto the next week.
Features of The Weather Channel
- You can watch The Weather Channel TV shows through video on demand.
- Get all local area weather information from one channel.
- By using The Weather Channel, you can also check the radar, future radar, satellite, temperature maps, and much more.
- It offers you regular rain and snow updates for around 24 hours.
- The Weather Channel will keep you updated on current conditions, winds, moon phases, etc.
- You can check the weather conditions at other locations as well.
The Weather Channel allows you to subscribe only if you are accessing the app from a smartphone. Unless you are using the app from other devices like TV and streaming devices, you need to access the app only with cable TV provider subscriptions. The popular cable TV provider offers The Weather Channel, is listed below.
- Optimum and more.
How to Get The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the WiFi connection.
2. Go to the Home page by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Select the Streaming Channels from the list of menus.
4. Scroll down and choose the Search Channels option.
5. Search for The Weather Channel using the virtual keyboard and select the app from the search result.
6. Hit the +Add Channel button from the channel info page.
7. After installing, click the Go to Channel option to launch the app on your device.
How to Download The Weather Channel on Roku from Website
You can also download The Weather Channel on Roku directly from the Roku website by logging into your account.
1. Launch the browser on your Smartphone or PC and visit the Roku website.
2. Sign in to your Roku account and hit the search bar at the top right.
3. Search for The Weather Channel and select the official app from the list of apps displayed on the search results.
4. Click the +Add Channel option from the website to download the app on your Roku account.
5. The app will be displayed on your Roku device within one day. If you need the app immediately, you can update the firmware of your Roku device.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Launch The Weather Channel on your Roku.
2. Note the Activation Code that appears on your Roku screen [Make a note of it].
3. Now, visit the Activation Webpage of The Weather Channel on your browser [weathergroup.com/activate].
4. Choose your cable TV provider from the list and enter the Activation Code in the required field.
5. Click on the Activate button and log in with your cable TV provider account.
6. Once the channel is activated on your device, you can get updates from the latest weather forecast.
How to Watch The Weather Channel on Roku – Alternative Way
If you don’t own a cable TV provider account, you can subscribe to the streaming service mentioned below and access The Weather Channel on Roku.
Frndly TV is one of the most affordable streaming services in the market. It offers you 40+ live TV channels, including The Weather Channel, in its channel lineup. To get access to Frndly TV on Roku, you need an active subscription. The basic plan starts from $6.99 per month. But you won’t get a cloud DVR with this plan, and you need to subscribe to the Classic plan at $8.99 per month to get unlimited DVR storage.
Website: Frndly TV
fuboTV is a popular service for accessing all sports content. By downloading fuboTV on Roku, you can watch The Weather Channel on Roku with the fuboTV Pro plan ($74.99 per month). By subscribing to the Pro plan, you can also access 120+ channels. Moreover, you’ll get a 7-day free trial upon subscribing to the fuboTV for the very first time.
YouTube TV is a geo-restricted streaming service available only in the US. You can get YouTube TV on Roku to stream The Weather Channel without any hassle. The Weather Channel is available in the Base Plan of YouTube TV, which costs $72.99 per month. YouTube TV offers unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows. If you are a new user, you can get a 21-day free trial on YouTube TV to test the service.
Website: YouTube TV
Newsy on Roku is one of the best alternatives to the weather channel.