- Installation: Go to the Roku home screen → Streaming Channels → Search Channels → Search for History → Select History → Add Channel → Click OK.
- Usage: Open the History app → Click on Activate your device → Go to the History activation webpage → Select Roku → Choose TV provider → Enter the Activation code → Click Continue.
History is an infotainment channel featuring TV shows, full episodes, documentaries, and more. It is a platform to watch the most-anticipated shows like Mountain Men, Forged in Fire, After Jackie, American Pickers, etc. If you are a Roku user, you can easily add the History Channel from the Roku Channel Store. For streaming the History Channel, you need to sign up with a cable TV provider.
What Can I Watch On the History Channel
Here are the most famous contents available to stream on the History Channel.
- Pawn Stars
- American Pickers
- Ax Men
- American Restoration
- Modern Marvels
- How the Earth Was Made
- The Curse of Oak Island
- Swamp People
- The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch
- Lost Gold of the Aztecs
How to Add History Channel on Roku
1. Go to the Homepage on Roku by pressing the Home button on the remote.
2. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
3. Select the Search Channels option.
4. Enter History using the on-screen keyboard and search for the app.
5. Choose the History app from the search result.
4. Select the Add Channel button.
5. Once the History Channel is added, click on the OK button from the prompt.
How to Activate & Watch History Channel on Roku
1. Open the History app installed on your device.
2. Click on Activate your device option on the screen.
3. A code will appear on the TV. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to https://www.history.com/activate.
4. Select your device and choose the TV provider from which you have subscribed to your channel.
5. Provide the Activation code on the website, which is displayed on your TV screen.
6. Tap the Continue button and verify your provider’s website & your account.
7. Now, you will get the homepage of the History Channel.
8. Choose any video and start streaming on Roku.
How to Watch History Channel on Roku Without a Cable
Apart from streaming the History channel from its official app, you can also stream the channel from various other providers listed below.
Philo is one of the best ways to stream the History Channel. It offers 60+ channels, including History, HGTV, Nickelodeon, Discovery, MTV, and many more. You can subscribe to Philo starting from $25 a month with seven days of a free trial.
If you are already a Sling TV subscriber, you can easily stream the History channel using Sling TV on Roku. With an active subscription, you can stream 40+ live TV channels, including the History channel. The subscription cost starts from $40 a month. You can choose from two subscription packages that offer a 7-day free trial.
Hulu with Live TV
The History Channel is also a part of the Hulu + Live TV package. The subscription costs $69.99 a month, you can stream 85+ channels along with the History channel. Hulu also offers a free trial for 7 days. Additionally, you can record History shows using unlimited cloud DVR.
Frndly TV is a live TV streaming service that provides 40+ channels including on-demand content. It also offers a limited free trial for 7 days. By subscribing to the Basic plan ($6.99/month), you can stream The History Channel, INSP, Hallmark channel, and more.
Vidgo Plus subscription costs $64.95/month and offers 110+ channels including History Channel. You can watch live sports, news, and entertainment channels. In addition, it provides 20 hours of DVR storage to record live programs and watch them offline whenever you want.
How to Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku
The History Channel app is available in the Google Play Store and App Store. So, you can use Screen Mirroring on Roku to mirror the History Channel app from your Android or iOS Smartphone.
NOTE: To enable screen mirroring on Roku, you can go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode. Then, choose the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Search and install the History app.
3. Then, connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same WIFI network.
4. Next, launch the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Open the History app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, you can choose any of your favorite shows to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku from iOS Smartphone
To screen mirror the History channel from iOS Smartphone, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now, from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings, choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
1. From the App Store, install the History app.
2. Next, connect your iOS smartphone to the same WIFI network as your Roku TV.
3. Launch the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Then, choose your Roku device.
5. Open the History app and input your credentials to log in to your account.
6. Choose and play any show to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku using a PC
With your cable TV subscription account, you can access the History channel from its official website. The below procedure will help you to watch the History Channel on Roku using a PC. Before getting into the section, connect your PC and Roku to the same WIFI network.
1. Open any web browser on your PC. Then, visit the official website of the History Channel.
2. Next, click on the Live TV tab from the upper right corner.
3. Select the Sign in option and choose your cable TV provider.
4. Next, sign in with your cable TV provider account.
5. After that, choose any content you want to watch and play it.
6. On your PC’s keyboard, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously.
7. A popup will display on the right side with the list of available devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
8. Now, start playing your favorites from the History channel to Roku.
Yes, the History Channel is free to add on Roku.
You don’t have to pay to access the History Channel on your streaming device. But you need a cable TV subscription account to access the History Channel.
Restart the History Channel on your streaming device and try again.
Yes, you can stream the History Channel shows on Amazon Prime Video if you have a Prime subscription.