Watch all your favorite history shows on History Channel. It lets you stream exclusive history shows, full episodes, web originals, and documentaries. You can also watch live TV channels on this streaming app. It regularly updates new content for the users to stream. You can customize the Watchlist and add your favorites as well. If you are a Roku user, you can install History Channel on Roku and start streaming your favorite shows on the big screen along with your friends and family.
Famous Content Available of History Channel
Here are the most famous contents available to stream on the History Channel:
- Pawn Stars
- American Pickers
- Ax Men
- American Restoration
- Modern Marvels
- How the Earth Was Made
- The Curse of Oak Island
- Swamp People
There are two subscription plans available:
- Monthly Subscription Plan – $4.99/month
- Annual Subscription Plan – $49.99/year
How to Add History Channel on Roku?
You can easily get the History Channel on Roku as it is officially available in Roku Channel Store.
- Go to the Homepage on Roku by pressing on the Home button.
2. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
3. Select the Search button under Streaming Channels section. Enter the search term “History Channel”.
4. Select the app from the suggestions and hit the Add Channel button.
5. Click OK option, once the installation is complete.
How to Activate History Channel on Roku?
After installing the History channel, you can activate it with the below steps:
1. Open the History app installed on your device.
2. Press Activate your device option in the screen.
3. A code will appear on the TV. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to https://www.history.com/activate.
4. Select your device and choose the TV provider from which you have subscribed to your channel.
5. Provide the Activation code in the website which is displayed on your TV screen.
6. Tap the Continue button and verify your provider’s website & your account.
7. Now you will get the homepage of the History Channel.
8. Choose any video and start streaming on Roku.
Alternative Methods to Stream History Channel on Roku
Apart from streaming the History channel from its official app, you can also stream the channel from various other providers listed below.
- Sling TV
- Hulu with Live TV
Philo is one of the best ways to stream the History Channel on Roku. It offers 60+ channels, including History, HGTV, Nickelodeon, Discovery, MTV, and many more. You can subscribe to Philo starting from 20 dollars a month with seven days of a free trial.
If you are already a Sling TV subscriber, you can easily stream the History channel using the Sling TV app. With an active subscription, you can stream 31+ live TV channels, including the History channel. The subscription cost starts from 30 dollars a month. You can choose from two subscription package with 7 days of a free trial.
Hulu with Live TV
The history channel is also a part of Hulu‘s Live TV package. With 55 dollars a month, you can stream 67+ channels along with the History channel. Hulu comes with a free trial as well. You can subscribe to Hulu + Live TV and start streaming your favorite shows on History.
FuboTV allows you to stream live sports and TV channels. You can watch the History Channel exclusively on FuboTV. You can enjoy streaming thousands of content with 30 hours of Cloud DVR. Opt for FuboTV at $55/month with a 7-day free trial.
Vidgo is another best streaming app that lets you stream History Channel on Roku. It offers 60+ channels. You can stream the Vidgo content on three different devices simultaneously. Vidgo is compatible with multiple devices. Get Vidgo at $45 with a three-day free trial and access the History channel along with 60+ channels.
What streaming service has the History Channel?
You have many streaming services as an alternative way to stream History Channel on Roku. Some of the best ones are mentioned in the above article.
Is the History Channel app free?
History Channel is completely free to download on various devices such as Android, iOS, Roku, etc. Therefore, you can stream History whenever and wherever you want.
How much is a subscription to History Channel?
Though History Channel is free to download, you must pay for the subscription. You can refer to the membership plans of the History Channel in the above article.
How can I watch the History Channel on Roku without cable?
It is possible to watch History Channel on Roku without a cable provider. The solution is t navigate to the other streaming platforms like Sling TV, fuboTV, etc.