Watch all your favorite history shows on History Channel. It lets you stream exclusive history shows, full episodes, web originals, and documentaries. You can also watch live TV channels on this streaming app. It regularly updates new content for the users to stream. You can customize the Watchlist and add your favorites as well. If you are a Roku user, you can install History Channel on Roku and start streaming your favorite shows on the big screen along with your friends and family.
Famous Content Available On History Channel
Here are the most famous contents available to stream on the History Channel:
- Pawn Stars
- American Pickers
- Ax Men
- American Restoration
- Modern Marvels
- How the Earth Was Made
- The Curse of Oak Island
- Swamp People
There are two subscription plans available:
- Monthly Subscription Plan – $4.99/month
- Annual Subscription Plan – $49.99/year
How to Add History Channel on Roku?
You can easily get the History Channel for Roku as it is officially available in Roku Channel Store.
1. Go to the Homepage on Roku by pressing the Home button.
2. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
3. Select the Search Channels option.
4. Enter History Channel using the on-screen keyboard and search for the app.
5. Choose the History Channel from the search result.
4. Select the Add Channel button.
5. Once the History Channel is added, click on the OK button from the prompt.
How to Activate & Watch History Channel on Roku?
After installing the History channel, you can activate it with the below steps:
1. Open the History app installed on your device.
2. Press Activate your device option on the screen.
3. A code will appear on the TV. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to https://www.history.com/activate.
4. Select your device and choose the TV provider from which you have subscribed to your channel.
5. Provide the Activation code on the website, which is displayed on your TV screen.
6. Tap the Continue button and verify your provider’s website & your account.
7. Now, you will get the homepage of the History Channel.
8. Choose any video and start streaming on Roku.
How to Watch History Channel on Roku without a Cable
Apart from streaming the History channel from its official app, you can also stream the channel from various other providers listed below.
- Sling TV
- Hulu with Live TV
Philo is one of the best ways to stream the History Channel on Roku. It offers 60+ channels, including History, HGTV, Nickelodeon, Discovery, MTV, and many more. You can subscribe to Philo starting from $25 a month with seven days of a free trial.
If you are already a Sling TV subscriber, you can easily stream the History channel using the Sling TV app. With an active subscription, you can stream 31+ live TV channels, including the History channel. The subscription cost starts from $35 a month. You can choose from two subscription packages with 7 days of a free trial.
Hulu with Live TV
The history channel is also a part of Hulu‘s Live TV package. With $69.99 a month, you can stream 67+ channels along with the History channel. Hulu comes with a free trial as well. You can subscribe to Hulu + Live TV and start streaming your favorite shows on History.
fuboTV allows you to stream live sports and TV channels. You can watch the History Channel exclusively on FuboTV. You can enjoy streaming thousands of content with 30 hours of Cloud DVR. Opt for FuboTV at $69.99/month with a 7-day free trial.
Vidgo is another best streaming app that lets you stream History Channel on Roku. It offers 60+ channels. You can stream the Vidgo content on three different devices simultaneously. Also, Vidgo is compatible with multiple devices. In addition, you can get Vidgo at $53 with a three-day free trial and access the History channel along with 60+ channels.
How to Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku
The History Channel app is available in the Google Play Store and App Store. So, you can use the Screen Mirroring on Roku to mirror the History Channel app from your Android or iOS Smartphone.
NOTE: To enable the screen mirroring on Roku, you can go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode. Then, choose the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Search and install the History app.
3. Then, connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Next, launch the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Open the History app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, you can choose any of your favorite shows to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror History Channel to Roku from iOS Smartphone
1. From the App Store, install the History app.
2. Next, connect your iOS Smartphone to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku TV.
3. Launch the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Then, choose your Roku device.
5. Open the History app and input your credentials to log in to your account.
6. Choose and play any show to watch on your Roku TV.
Yes, the History Channel is free to add on to Roku.
You don’t have to pay to access the History Channel on your streaming device. But you need a cable TV subscription account to access the History Channel.
Restart the History Channel on your streaming device and try again.