Optimum is one of the popular Cable TV providers in the US that streams a collection of channels on many TV devices. Every premium user of Optimum can access its app to customize and watch live TV channels in it. If you like to explore the Optimum app feature and watch its content on your Roku, you need to rely on screen Mirroring from a Smartphone or PC.
Features of Optimum
- Optimum supports cloud DVR, and you can record your favorite shows.
- It allows you to highlight or mark your favorite programs in the Favorite List.
- You can get schedules of programs on any channel.
- This app lets you easily browse for content through voice search.
- You can search for videos by keyword, title, cast, subject, or category.
The optimum provider has different premium plans with a collection of channels. By subscribing to the premium, you can access the Optimum app and its content on your device. Different pricing plans of Optimum are,
- Basic TV – $35/ month
- Core TV – $105/ month
- Value TV – $110/ month
- Select TV – $130/ month
- Premier TV – $155/ month
- Economy TV – $85/ month
How to Get Optimum on Roku
There is no dedicated Optimum app on the Roku channel store. In that case, you can only access the Optimum app contents on your Roku using the Screen Mirroring method. You can access the Optimum on Roku from devices like Android, PC, and iOS.
How to Cast Optimum on Roku using Android Devices
Before Casting your Android and PC device to Roku, you need to enable the Screen mirroring first on the Roku device.
1. Connect your Roku and Android devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Download and install the Optimum app from the Google Play Store.
3. Then, swipe open the Notification Panel on your Android device.
4. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Launch the Optimum app and sign in with your credentials.
6. Play your favorites and watch them on your Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Optimum on Roku using Windows PC
1. Connect both Roku and Windows PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Then open the Chrome browser and visit the Optimum website.
3. On the website, sign in with your Optimum account.
4. Now tap on the three dots in the top right corner and click on the Cast option.
5. From the list of available devices, click on Roku device and cast your screen to the Roku device.
6. Play any of your favorites and watch them on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Optimum on Roku from iOS Devices
Since Android and iOS differ in many features, you need to enable the AirPlay setting on Roku to screen mirror its content on Roku.
1. Install the Optimum app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2. Next, connect your iOS device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
3. Then, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices section.
5. Next, launch the Optimum app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can stream your favorites on your Roku TV.
By following the screen mirroring and casting, you can use the Optimum app and customize your Optimum cable TV with ease.
Yes, you can watch selected movies, TV shows, and Sports content in 4K streaming quality on your preferred devices.