YouTube is an online video sharing and social media platform. It was founded in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad hurley, and Jawad Karim. Its headquarters is located in San Bruno, California, Unites States. YouTube has a lot of categories like music videos, short films, trailers, teasers, and more. YouTube is available globally, other than some countries that block YouTube. It was only in October 2006, which was more than a year and a half since its inception, that Google bought it for a very pricey amount. YouTube is available on Roku. If YouTube is not working on Roku, use the following methods to rectify it.
How to Fix YouTube is Not Working on Roku?
If Youtube is not working on your device, then follow the below troubleshooting methods:
- Check your Network Connection
- Check if YouTube Servers are down
- Update Roku
- Restart Roku
- Sign Out and Sign In on Roku
- Reinstall YouTube
(1) Check your Network Connection
If there is a problem with your network connection, it may cause YouTube to stop working on Roku. You can use the following steps to check your network connection status:
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Choose Settings and select Network.
(3) Select Check connection to check the strength of the internet connection.
You will see a snapshot of the signal strength and internet download speed. If the signal strength is low, try changing the location of your router.
(2) Check if YouTube Servers are down
Sometimes, because YouTube servers are down, it may cause YouTube not to work on Roku. You can check whether it is working are not by going to the YouTube app on your Smartphone or YouTube website on your PC. If it doesn’t work and your network connection is working properly, it means YouTube servers are down.
(3) Update Roku
It may be because YouTube has updated the app or your Roku device OS has been updated, and you are still using an older version, that YouTube is not working on Roku. Try updating your device by using the following steps and checking whether YouTube is working.
(1) Launch your Roku device and press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Select Settings and choose System under settings.
(3) Choose System update and select Check now.
(4) Restart Roku
Most of the time, you can restart your Roku device, and YouTube will start working on Roku. Use the following steps to restart Roku:
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Choose Settings and select System.
(3) Select System restart and choose Restart. Your device will restart.
(5) Sign out and Sign in on YouTube
Try signing out of YouTube, wait for a few seconds, and sign in to your YouTube account. It might solve YouTube not working on Roku.
(1) Turn on your Roku device and Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Go to the YouTube app and select your Profile icon.
(3) Choose the Sign out option and wait for a few seconds.
(4) Reload the app, select Sign in, and enter your google account.
(5) You have Signed in to YouTube. You can now check whether it is working or not.
(6) Reinstall YouTube
Try to Remove the YouTube app and use Add channel to install YouTube and check whether it is working or not. Then, use the following steps to remove Roku:
(1) Press Home on your Roku device.
(2) Choose the YouTube app and press the Star button(*) on your remote.
(3) Select Remove channel to remove YouTube app from Roku.
After the YouTube app has been removed, use the steps below to add the YouTube app again on Roku:
(1) Launch your Roku device and Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Select Streaming Channels and choose Search Channels.
(3) Enter YouTube in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Choose the YouTube app from the results.
(5) Select Add channel and Choose OK to confirm.
(6) YouTube app will be added to your Roku device and check whether it is working or not.
Other Trobleshooting Methods
(1) Factory Reset Roku
Try Factory resetting your Roku so that you can solve all the problems. Select Settings > choose System > select Advanced system settings > choose Factory reset > enter code > choose OK.
(2) Restart Router and Modem
By turning off the power for your router and modem for a minute and turning the power back on, you can solve the problem related to your router and modem.
(3) Disable VPN
Try disabling your VPN and checking whether YouTube is working on Roku if you have your VPN on.
The above are the different methods to fix Youtube not working issue on Roku. The above article covers almost all the troubleshooting tips, and this channel should work fine without any issues. If the application is not working further, then you can contact customer support for more details.
It may be because your Roku device or Youtube is experiencing system errors that it causes YouTube to not work on Roku.
If your internet speed is slow or unstable, it can cause YouTube to stop loading.
Yes, YouTube is available on Roku, and you can install it using Roku Channel Store or through Streaming Channels.