Roku Personal Identification Number is a four-digit PIN that will authorize the purchases and downloads on your device. This feature is useful if you have kids at home as a Parental Control measure. It will prevent your kids from accessing certain content as well as purchasing apps without your consent. It is not essential to enable the Roku PIN on your device. Still, it is a very useful option to protect your kids from harmsway. But in case you have forgotten the Roku PIN, you can’t add apps to Roku without the PIN. So, if you have forgotten your Roku PIN, this article will help you find it easily.
How to Find Roku PIN Number
If your Roku PIN is not working, it is possible that you have entered it wrongly. That means you may have forgotten your Roku PIN. But you don’t have to worry as you can add a new PIN or update the existing PIN anytime you want. Let’s find out the same in the section that follows.
How to Reset the Roku PIN
If you don’t remember your Roku PIN, it is almost hard to figure it out. Still, you can easily reset your Roku PIN without entering your old PIN. Follow these instructions to reset the PIN.
1. On your computer, open a web browser and visit the Roku website.
2. Next, sign in to the account you used on your Roku device, in which you wish to update the PIN.
3. Find the PIN Preference section and then select the Update button.
Adding New Roku PIN
1. In the Create PIN section, enter a four-digit Roku PIN of your choice. Once again, re-enter the Roku PIN in the required field to verify it.
2. To Apply Restrictions from adding or purchasing channels on Roku, you need to make the following changes. You can find these options in the Making Purchases and adding content section.
Always require a pin to make purchases and add items from the Channel Store – By selecting this option, you only can only add or purchase channels by entering the Roku PIN.
Always require a PIN to make purchases option – You can only purchase a channel on Roku by entering the four-digit PIN.
Parental Controls Settings
The Parental Controls PIN will prevent kids from accessing explicit content within the Roku Channel. Once you enable the PIN, you can access restricted content only by entering the PIN. However, this does not apply to other streaming channels on your device. You can enable the PIN as follows.
1. Scroll down to the Parental Controls for the Roku Channel section and choose either of the following options.
- Little Kids: You can only access content that is rated G, TV-Y, and TV-G without the PIN.
- Young Kids: Without a PIN, you can access only content rated PG, TV-Y, TV-G, TV-Y7, and TV-PG.
- Teens– You can only access content that is rated TV-14, PG-13, PG, TV-Y, and TV-G, without entering the PIN.
2. Next, select the Save Changes button from the bottom of the screen.
Now, you have updated your Roku PIN. Now, you can use the PIN you have just updated for the Parental Control feature on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t find the PIN anywhere on your device. If you forget it, simply reset it with a new PIN.
There is no way to find the Roku PIN on your TV. The only way to find your Roku PIN is by resetting it.
If you have enabled the Parental Controls on Roku, you can’t purchase any app from the Channel Store without entering the Roku PIN.